• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

body dolly

big66440

Local time
1:39 AM
Reaction score
Has anyone here built a dolly or have an idea how to move around a stripped down B body (no suspension front and rear,engine,tranny,interior,doors,trunk and hood) around the garage? I know auto twirler makes a really nice steel one but 300 bucks is a bit too much for my budget right now,I'm trying to figure out how to make one out of wood using 2x4's and 4x4's (I dont have a welder)and buying some casters at the hardware store,any ideas are welcome,thanks.

You could build one out of wood, but, I recommend using / making something like what I built for my B Body to be carted around. Got some inflatable casters rated at 300 lbs each x 4 is barely enough, I should have gotten a heavier weight.

IMG_0861.jpg
[/IMG]

That looks really nice,plain and simple,is it bolted to the chassis anywere? I might be able to pull it off with 4x4's

Body dolley

Here is my version. Bolted to the forward rear spring mounts and captured the front frame rails. I used mine to act as a jig for replacing the entire back third of the car. More pics in my galleries.

IMG_3365_1.JPG

IMG_3366_2.JPG

Auto Transport Service
Back