• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Booster Replacement

Scott Engelhardt

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
3:09 AM
Reaction score
My 65 needs a brake booster. I am having a hell of a time finding a direct replacement. Looking for pictures of what people are replacing the stock one with.
Thanks in advance.

Post up a picture of your stock one.
I have a small collection of boosters, some I don't recognize. Maybe other members do as well.
Another option is to send yours out for a rebuild.
Booster Dewey seems to be a popular choice for that.
Good luck!

This is it

B8627D3D-B61F-40AF-9A79-9078D5991526.jpeg

C3F2EE2A-DDC1-4A6F-A8D4-E7CB46A46CD5.jpeg

19331124-0108-44B9-8AC4-A51E23DFFD92.jpeg

Oddly, that looks like a single diaphragm unit, similar to the A body disc/drum booster from 1973-1976.

IMG_E2301.JPG

IMG_E2300.JPG

The vacuum line on yours is different. Notice how forward of the band clamp, the case tapers down? The A body unit does that.
I don't have anything exactly like yours. I wouldn't waste your time trying to sell you something that is just close enough that it wouldn't work....
Maybe sending it out for rebuilding may be the best choice. The alternative is trying to find an original unit that is 58 years old and hoping it works.

That is a Midland-Ross booster. Have you tried RockAuto? Can it be rebuilt locally?

Post up a picture of your stock one.
I have a small collection of boosters, some I don't recognize. Maybe other members do as well.
Another option is to send yours out for a rebuild.
Booster Dewey seems to be a popular choice for that.
Good luck!
Thanks for the Booster Dewey heads up. They said 2 week turn around

Auto Transport Service
Back