• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Bought a pretty clean '66

Ok,I thought the exhaust on mine came from Dons Custom exhaust. But Im told from previous owner that may not be the case

And mine is a little quieter then I would like , so Im looking for something else
I purchased my 67 exhaust from Accurate also.... They were 1 hour from where I used to live and they had everything for my 67 RT..
I wanted stock hemi mufflers and they talked me into their "louder" hemi muffler... It has a really nice rumble to it.......

Got the valve lash adjusted, correct wrinkle finish valve covers, choke mechanism, fuel line from pump & heater hoses. Waiting for the exhaust manifold and transmission dipstick tube to come back.

48432070-684E-4E42-BD32-0CACF5B0F37A.jpeg

Man, those engines sure fill the engine bay. Looks pretty nice, sir.

Nice work as always RC :drinks:.

That car is very impressive, and your work equally so! It leaves me craving for more!

Got the valve lash adjusted, correct wrinkle finish valve covers, choke mechanism, fuel line from pump & heater hoses. Waiting for the exhaust manifold and transmission dipstick tube to come back.
View attachment 1227424

Richard - are the heads painted black? That’s kind of different. Wonder what the backstory on that is? Also is the heater hose brace off the alternator bracket a 66 item? Not sure I remember seeing that on other 66 hemis but I’m still learning about these cars. Man, that’s a slick car. You really got a jewel with it.

Richard - are the heads painted black? That’s kind of different. Wonder what the backstory on that is? Also is the heater hose brace off the alternator bracket a 66 item? Not sure I remember seeing that on other 66 hemis but I’m still learning about these cars. Man, that’s a slick car. You really got a jewel with it.
Thanks for the kind words.

The heads were taken off the car at some point in its life and yes, they are painted black. My car came with the heater hose bracket and I’m assuming that it is original.

Thanks for the kind words.

The heads were taken off the car at some point in its life and yes, they are painted black. My car came with the heater hose bracket and I’m assuming that it is original.
Wonder if there would be a date code on a minor part like that?

Have to ask, Does this car have the shield over the oil pressure switch ?????

No it doesn’t. The heat tubes were removed long ago and I’m sure that the shield went in the trash with the tubes.

No it doesn’t. The heat tubes were removed long ago and I’m sure that the shield went in the trash with the tubes.
Ok.

Thanks.

The 66 and 67 parts books dont even list the shield.
So im wondering if they even have one. As they have a much smaller oil sender compared to 68 and later with a oil gauge compared to a light on the earlier cars

1978 I'm 3rd owner and I saw the newspaper and told 2nd owner. He did nothing except f-up the block.

Here's a better picture of the pad stampings. Other than the WT (water test) stamp, what does everything else mean?

IMG_2701.jpg

Auto Transport Service
Back