• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Bought a pretty clean '66

Now you have to decide if to leave the seal washers on the spark plugs or remove them.

I know you're supposed to take the seals off, but I'm going to leave the seals on. Obviously they weren't sealing all that well to begin with and my tubes are the early style that sit flat against the valve covers versus the later ones with the raised lip. Got to keep this one as original as possible.

Milodon directions if you buy used ones. Courtesy of RC.
milodon.JPG

I was told to remove the rings at the bottom of the spark plugs on any hemi .

The Tube is the seal. and the seal ring on the plug does nothing but distort the tube beyond repair

I was told to remove the rings at the bottom of the spark plugs on any hemi .

The Tube is the seal. and the seal ring on the plug does nothing but distort the tube beyond repair
Buy some Denso plugs $%*#ers.

I ran a hemi on the street for a few years and raced a hemi for a few more and I never removed the washers .Some times the tubes get distorted and may need some light tapping to get Them flat , but one must remember and I know I’m going to get the raspberry’s for this comment But Hemi’s are race engines they were created to win the 64 Daytona 500 . And my opinion is they require a lot of attention and money just like a supermodel girlfriend!!! But man are they cool

I saw that but I'm asking about the rearend housing.
Ron

As you can see, there’s a heavy amount of Zeibart goo on it. If someone were to clean it all off, the rear end would be mint with no rust or pits, but that someone to clean it won’t be me.

E39DDF26-5946-40C9-901D-47FF97F029FB.jpeg

I’m dropping off the these to a friend of mine today to have the bracket rewelded onto the transmission fill tube and to hopefully extract the broken stud from the manifold.

3E918B82-A193-441B-804D-37843D0B53DA.jpeg

BAD54514-7485-4D97-931A-16811DAC30C0.jpeg

That car is throughly Zeibarted under there. Looks pretty pristine after all these years.

who did you go with for mufflers and tail pipes ???

Did you remove the originals ? if so are the tail pipes the same length as far as outlet location

The H-pipe is the original, but there were 50+ year old glasspacks and aftermarket tailpipes with exhaust tips that stuck out about 6" beyond the bumper. I got stock type mufflers, tailpipes and tailpipe hangers from Accurate Exhaust. The car has a pretty good tone to it now.

Ok,I thought the exhaust on mine came from Dons Custom exhaust. But Im told from previous owner that may not be the case

And mine is a little quieter then I would like , so Im looking for something else

I haven’t checked the numbers on mine but I think they are probably Accurate Hemi mufflers - pretty sure the h-pipe is. Mufflers have a lot of rumble. Tailpipes, I’m pretty sure we’re bent in someone’s shop but found some Accurate ones.

Ok,I thought the exhaust on mine came from Dons Custom exhaust. But Im told from previous owner that may not be the case

And mine is a little quieter then I would like , so Im looking for something else

I may have some I will let you know I’m going to look at some Monday if your interested I’m going to pick up a system that’s off a 66 hemi Dodge I can let you know what they are if you are interested.

I pulled the oil pan off this morning to replace the weeping gasket. Notice the milky oil on the front baffle and bottom of the pan. This oil/condensation mix is surely caused by starting it up and not letting it get fully warmed up.

IMG_1914.jpg

Factory part number & rear counterweight is painted blue. Another counterweight farther forward is also painted blue. Notice the B on it. I assume that it means balanced?

IMG_1916.jpg

Auto Transport Service
Back