• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Boy I am pissed at MCG

FU64RY

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
6:14 AM
Reaction score
MCG.... most recent issue. 1963 FURY FOUR DOOR MAX WEDGE.
MAKING A HUGE DEAL ABOUT AN ULTRA RARE 4 DOOR MAX WEDGE. ON Page 22
goes on and on and on about the rarity and there are only 2 known to exist and this guy has both of them "NOT".
THIS EXACT SAME MAGAZINE IN 1992 DID A 6 PAGE Article ABOUT MY 63 fury 4 DOOR MAX WEDGE.......They came to my house and did a photo shoot.
then ONLY one known to exist.
Fully documented and a feature car at Carlisle in the building.
Not one fu..ing word about my car...............WHICH AT THE TIME WAS FEATURED IN 3 OTHER NATIONAL MAGAZINES
How could Rob be so ignorant as to not remember my car.
I'll be looking for him at Carlisle this week..........and give him a piece of my mind.
WTF

Boo hoo......
Who cares?

Crybaby.jpg

Why do you rely on a magazine to validate anything?

I second the body cam footage.

With most things media-related, you gotta schmooze to be remembered. Gift him a bottle of single malt, and watch his memory improve !

Wow... why the tantrum ? Your car got a 6-page article, and now you're bitching ? Someone's supposed to remember YOUR car from 30 years ago, eh ? Why should he/they comment about YOUR car in an article about someone else's car ??

OP I get you, hit you right in the pride.

At the same time, I prefer the whole world does NOT know what I have. I don't work on old stuff for other people's fun, it's all for me!

Leaving words of ego or pride alone, it would be good journalism for Rob to have researched his own archives before making rarity claims.

I agree.
30 years is a long time to remember stuff, especially if you have a mullet like Rob Wolf does.

1 laugh 5.gif

Wow... why the tantrum ? Your car got a 6-page article, and now you're bitching ? Someone's supposed to remember YOUR car from 30 years ago, eh ? Why should he/they comment about YOUR car in an article about someone else's car ??
Read the article......He mentioned another persons car. That was not in his magazine ever.

If my memory is correct, one of his sales booths is either adjacent to or within sight of the new FBBO tent location at Carlisle.
I say we turn the tent into a wrestling arena. If you win, you get to chop the mullet off. If he wins, he gets a gold membership.
What say you?

Don't be too hurt, the guy sees literally hundreds if not thousands of our old Mopars every year. And yes, sensationalism sells, but it does appear they are Uber rare and hard to forget. I'm not defending the guy whatsoever, I personally don't like him. He was much more approachable say 20 years ago, not so much anymore.

If my memory is correct, one of his sales booths is either adjacent to or within sight of the new FBBO tent location at Carlisle.
I say we turn the tent into a wrestling arena. If you win, you get to chop the mullet off. If he wins, he gets a gold membership.
What say you?

Don't be too hurt, the guy sees literally hundreds if not thousands of our old Mopars every year. And yes, sensationalism sells, but it does appear they are Uber rare and hard to forget. I'm not defending the guy whatsoever, I personally don't like him. He was much more approachable say 20 years ago, not so much anymore.
Here's some vendor space history,
I sold John that space before Rob took over when John retired.
Part of the deal was that I get MCG for life.
Rob tried to back out of that part of the deal.......John stepped in and I still get the magazine free ever since then. I get the magazine under the name CARLISLE SPACE MAN. On another note they did an article on my Hemi Irrigation Pump and never mentioned my name. I know Kern Dog WHO CARES!!!!

My car has been in Mopar action, in 2009, as believed to be one of the first, if not the first, 5.7 conversion in a B-Body. I have the magazine to prove it or not.. I don't believe anyone that writes for a living and we all know the media is full of ****. I get you deserve your day, but, I believe, like has been mentioned, sensationalism sells magazines. Our world revolves around what have you done for me lately and or who'll remembers or who knows. Was the actical right on ours or is it right now, pin him to the wall or walk on by. Either way, you and I have our story and we're sticking to it. It's someone else's job to prove us wrong, I don't write stories, I just read them. It not worth much, but, I believe you!!

Last edited:
Read the article......He mentioned another persons car. That was not in his magazine ever.
Well... from my viewpoint, I can see being a little irritated, but that's it. Hey, you had your day in the spotlight, something most others never do. Why be bothered over somebody/something else ? If you HAVE to, maybe just give him a polite reminder.

If you act nice Rob will do a big splash article on your and apologize for the mistake. Yelling will do nothing.

I haven't subscribed to, nor read an issue of, MCG since 1995. I think I gave up all of my magazine subscriptions up right thereafter (Mopar Action, Car Craft, HMN, etc). To be truthful, I haven't missed any of them at all.

Auto Transport Service
Back