• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Boy I am pissed at MCG

You think that's bad? My birthday came and went and no "Happy Birthday Fesser" on FBBO. If they miss it again, 30 years from now, I am going to be pissed. Actually the piss will probably be on me as I will be 91 then. Oh well. Guess I will just be happy with what I have in life and not worry too much about recognition.

645ef36c1772ff5db6606902f4494a77.jpg

You think that's bad? My birthday came and went and no "Happy Birthday Fesser" on FBBO. If they miss it again, 30 years from now, I am going to be pissed. Actually the piss will probably be on me as I will be 91 then. Oh well. Guess I will just be happy with what I have in life and not worry too much about recognition.
I wouldn't worry too much over it. People did say happy birthday to me, but...very few sent any cards with money in them to me.

Video record your encounter with Rob. We'd like to see what happens. LOL!
The best video encounter I ever seen with Rob,was when they slapped the cuffs on him at Carlisle! I was 10 feet away watching the whole event unfold!

i’m not surprised, remember no one takes care of #1 but #1 ….

Many years ago at Atlanta Dragway Rob took many pictures of my one of my cars and my information and it never made it into the magazine. I stopped getting the magazine many years ago. Many years later this was published and a friend of mine passed this to me but I never responded to it. FYI, his picture of the car doesn’t do it justice.

IMG_0017.jpeg

Last edited:
All magazines take some "creative license" and print some errors. None of it is done maliciously.
Myself, I've had 5 full-spread features... since 93 [none were perfect]. Be grateful for any recognition in this screwed-up world. So many petty and adult-aged 10 year-olds to deal with, daily.

Last edited:
One thing I found out with MCG was to be wary of sending them letters or emails. If it's published in the letters to the editor section, Rob can and does rewrite/embellish your letter to make it different than what you wrote and can make you look like a doofus in the process. In one case with me, an article or column in MCG questioned if any Challenger T/As were painted petty blue. I had an old picture of a petty blue T/A I'd taken at a Mopar show in WI in the early 80s, so I sent it in and said where I saw the car, but mentioned I didn't see the tag to see if it was 999 code (not that I would have known enough to be able to decipher it then anyway) or talk to the owner to ask about the color, but maybe someone in WI remembers it and could say where the car is now and if it was originally petty blue?
Rob printed my letter completely rewritten to say something like "Guess what, I saw this petty blue T/A, see they did make one, how cool is that!! This boy sure spotted a rare one, proof Mopar did some cool stuff back then!!!! Then Rob replied to my letter (actually more his letter with my name attached) saying "Sorry to bust your bubble, we asked Galen and he recalls that car from back then, it was repainted from another color" Made me sound like a goober by embellishing my letter.
Tim Costello photographed my Magnum at a show in '22 and I was a little wary of what embellished story Rob would put in the article about me and the car if published, but he must have rolled his eyes and deleted the pictures when Tim sent them to him, as I never even received the questionnaire I was told I'd be sent later. Maybe it was for the best....

Auto Transport Service
Back