• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Boy I am pissed at MCG

My cars have never been in magazines, heck the couple of car shows I’ve attended they don’t even take pictures of, and they still exist and they still drive fine, well one doesn’t but that’s my fault :lol:

Most mags suck anyways. Several years ago HR did yet another article on what 8 3/4 pig was the best and the stuff they said was mostly BS and it looked like they just took copied and pasted past articles. The one and only time I wrote to a magazine was about the stuff they wrote about the 8 3/4 wasn't totally true and said what wasn't true. Didn't get a reply and didn't expect one....but haven't seen the same thing written about them since but really haven't seen much at all written about them. Now a days it's mostly about 9" stuff.

I know a fellow that takes his very nice and some rare cars to Mopar and all makes show’s. He clearly puts NOT TO BE VOTED FOR! He goes to the shows to meet people and have a good time.

I know a fellow that takes his very nice and some rare cars to Mopar and all makes show’s. He clearly puts NOT TO BE VOTED FOR! He goes to the shows to meet people and have a good time.
Took my nice 70 383 (non RT) 4 bbl Challenger to a couple of shows years ago and too many just tried to pick it apart. With the exception of the valve covers, distributor, yellow spark plug wires and wheels, the thing was all original. One moron even said 'nice Camaro' which made me laugh and then asked 'what's so funny'. :jackoff:

I remember a time awhile back when Nellas car got first place in her “class”, although she did not go in for the voting. When she accepted the award, she asked why they picked her car, they told her it was what she wrote on her registration sheet….”I’m 17, I'm a girl, and I have a 67 Cuda convertible”. Not much to argue about there! She was also the cover page car picture for a month over a 67-69 Cuda Fishtails site, probably for the same reasons!

Piss'em off royally, cancel your MCG subcription!
sarcasm detector.gif

If you act nice Rob will do a big splash article on your and apologize for the mistake. Yelling will do nothing.
Update
Not only was Rob apologetic and said he will be correcting the mistake (not a retraction) But actually doing a spread on the car I had there Saturday. 65 Dodge Coronet TAXI.
Hawk has a post with it in front of our FBBO tent.

IMG_1571.JPG

Update
Not only was Rob apologetic and said he will be correcting the mistake (not a retraction) But actually doing a spread on the car I had there Saturday. 65 Dodge Coronet TAXI.
Hawk has a post with it in front of our FBBO tent.

View attachment 1499074
Wow! I have NEVER seen a 2-door taxi before. Must have been weird for the paying customer getting into or out of the rear seat.

It used to be common to see VW Beetle taxis in Mexico....they'd take out the RF seat for access to the rear seat for passengers.

Tommy TuTone said that was "Jenny's" car.

Auto Transport Service
Back