• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Brake Booster Mounting Info Help Needed

Yeah, but they dont show up to often and if ya blasted it, it would look pretty good.

Do you have a pic of a 66-70 non hemi under dash crank on one of your 4-drs or do you have Hemi boosters on everything? I don't think I do right now. Still looking.

I have several bellcranks and I have a few bendix brake boosters but I'm sure I want to sell any right now.

ga66mopar, come on down, your the winner of the debate. Heres a pick of my 72 crank. Later midland Ross non-Hemi. I did have it backwards. Booster is higher.
Man being of a curtain age and tired really sucks sometimes. Ya thats it. Old and tired.

Man it's no big deal. It's easy to forget that stuff. Especially since the 62-65 is different from the 66-70

Well it doesn't work very well. The pedal sits really low and on normal braking it works fine, but if you really have to stand on the brakes it gets really hard really fast. I couldn't even get the brakes to lock up from a 40mph roll.

In all the cars I have built I haven't had one MPB set up with that little diaphragm that worked well. I have had some with larger Brake boosters and they worked well.

Anybody want to sell one of those bell cranks?

There is a bushing that goes in the booster push rod that connects to the bellcrank that can be hard to find.

Well I bit the bullet and purchased one of those bell cranks on ebay. If I am reading all this right, I will need to install the bellcrank, pull the backing plate and relocate the hole, then probably weld up the other hole, and bolt it all back together with a stock type power booster? of course bleed and adjust the brakes.

Seems easy enough.

I will tell what I did to find a b-body booster. I found a bendix dual diaphragm power brake booster on a 69 new yorker. My understanding 66-70 new yorkers and some other Chrylers with disk brakes came with this booster. The push rod is too long on the C-body. I sent it to Prior Brake Products in Dallas to have it rebuilt. I put a letter in the box explaining that I needed the push rod changed to the shorter b-body push rod. For about $110 they rebuilt it and installed the shorter push rod. So far I have sent them 4 boosters and each time they did a great job and quick to. Accourse you only need the bendix booster if you're using disk brakes.

http://www.priorreman.com/index.htm

Here is a 66-70 b-body power brake booster firewall plate.

Attachments

• power booster plate.jpg
    power booster plate.jpg
    44.6 KB · Views: 212
Auto Transport Service
Back