• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

brake booster on conversions

jcolville89

Local time
1:04 AM
Reaction score
I bought a ebay brake booster and master together it came with no directions has brake at the back does it go thru the firewall or sit out the rod go to the brake pedal please help send pictures if can if anybody has done any any input it welcome thanks

I bought a ebay brake booster and master together it came with no directions has brake at the back does it go thru the firewall or sit out the rod go to the brake pedal please help send pictures if can if anybody has done any any input it welcome thanks

Dude, I am not trying to be a smart ***, I'm trying to help you get an answer. Your spelling is good, but can I suggest you add punctuation to your writing? It helps separate your statements from your questions.

I will try transate -

I bought a ebay brake booster and master together. It came with no directions. Has brake at the back. Does it go thru the firewall or sit out? (the rod go to the brake pedal). Please help. Send pictures if can. If anybody has done any. Any input, it welcome.

I honestly still can't understand what you are asking. On a brake booster and master bolted together, the rod from the back of the booster should go throught the hole in the firewall and attach to the brake pedal.

Attach a pic of what you have, and ask clear questions.

This is a common question. It really depends on what booster you bought. If you bought a Bendix dual diaphragm type booster you can bolt it to the firewall without needing external linkage but it does have linkage under the dash for a 66-74 B-body and E-body. The booster push rod does not bolt directly to the brake pedal on these years. Some of the aftermarket boosters and the hemi set up does use an external linkage that bolts directly to the brake pedal.

Here is a link to another member who bought a booster that may help.

http://www.forbbodiesonly.com/moparforum/showthread.php?69246-Got-my-new-booster-today

Auto Transport Service
Back