• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Brake light issues

What back lights are coming on? Turn signals will not blink till bulbs on both ends come on. Do the brake lights work? Do the hazards work?
the ground got my rear lights working but no flash from the turn signals or hazards

Sure sounds like ground problems. Also I have seen a bad flasher flash one side & not the other. Check all ur lights again, frt&rear one at a time; process of elimination.

Sure sounds like ground problems. Also I have seen a bad flasher flash one side & not the other. Check all ur lights again, frt&rear one at a time; process of elimination.
All the lights are on. No flash anywhere though

You should have 12v at one of the prongs on flasher too.

If all three bubs light on each side but don’t flash, it’s a bad flasher. That car has two flashers, one for the four ways and one for the turn signals. Swap in a new or known good flasher on the turns signal circuit, should be clipped to the back/passenger side of the ash tray mounting, accessible from the passenger side lower dash. The flasher clipped to the pedal support is for the four ways.

All the lights are on. No flash anywhere though
Stop and turn bulbs are daul filament. Only why to get turn signal, brake or hazard light to work is to activate their individual switch. All three go from the turn signal switch to the tail lights. All three power the same bulb filaments. Start with hazard wireing first. Powers all bulbs of the same filament feed. If the hazards work the rear wiring is ok. May not be right but ok.

Auto Transport Service
Back