• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Brakefluid, how to change ?

lynchroad

Local time
5:10 PM
Reaction score
Hi Guys
I'm planning to change out the brakefluid, and looking for smart tips to get the old one complete drain out before filling up. It's a 66-Satty,single system and powerbrake.
Thank's

Use a turkey baster to draw out as much fluid as possible form the m/c and replace it with new fluid from a sealed container. Like ram250098 suggests, get a vacuum pump and bleed the brakes from the wheel cylinders starting the farthest one. When the fluid comes out clean (the difference from the old fluid will be noticeable) move on to the next wheel.

best way is to see if any shops around you have a brake flush machine.we have one here,and it works fantastic to change all the fliud by presurising the master.

It should be noted I’ve never been accused of doing anything fast, simple, or easy…...I have a knack for doing things the hard way. Sooo, I rigged up this sure shot sprayer so I could flush with isopropyl alcohol before switching to silicone fluid. I was doing a brake job anyway so all the lines were disconnected and I was only flushing the lines. You might be able to do something similar using fresh fluid in the sure shot. It would require disconnecting the brake lines at the master cylinder.

Attachments

• IMG_2710.jpg
    IMG_2710.jpg
    87 KB · Views: 211
It should be noted I’ve never been accused of doing anything fast, simple, or easy…...I have a knack for doing things the hard way. Sooo, I rigged up this sure shot sprayer so I could flush with isopropyl alcohol before switching to silicone fluid. I was doing a brake job anyway so all the lines were disconnected and I was only flushing the lines. You might be able to do something similar using fresh fluid in the sure shot. It would require disconnecting the brake lines at the master cylinder.

That seems to be an usable tool ! , but forgive me, I'm not familiar with the word "sure shot sprayer",have no Swedish word for it. What is it normaly used for ?
Thanks, Lasse

You pressure it up with air from a compressor etc and you can shoot bulk chemicals with it.

I just checked the Sure Shot website but didn't see a "where to buy" section. There's bound to be something similar there. They are commonly used in machine shops for spraying rust inhibitors and solvents.

go in a gravel parking lot....open the bleeders and take off the master cylinder lid.

let it drain all over the place(hahahaha) and keep filling it with new fluid as the level drops and new clean fluid comes out the bleeders....

new fluid and ya dont have to beg one of your friends or your wife to pump on the brakes ,,,sucking air back in the lines coz they just cant get the concept of " hold " and "pump".....and you can do it alllllll by yourself and get it done right the first time! !

Raise vehicle and put all 4 corners on jack stands.Use vacume hose or some clear hose and cut some to fit over the bleeder and long enough to reach a coffe can or any similar catch bucket for all 4 wheels.Open all 4 bleeders and gavity will help flow the fluid from the master cylinder.Also,if you remove the fluid from the master before starting this,it will expidite the process

Big thanks for all answers ! They all seems very useable.
Lasse

Auto Transport Service
Back