• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Brand of products that you've had lousy luck with......

i hate to say it but over the years i've replaced all my electric american NAMED tools with makita's

Another one I forgot - Big O Tires. I will never spend another penny with that company. Bought a set of tires for my truck, thing bounced around like the tires were square. Took it back multiple times for rebalance, no fix, after calls to their corporate office and several trips back to the store to rectify the situation - nothing. Junk tires were not round (concentric with the rims) the left rear was at least 1/2 inch out. I endured it for as long as I could (not a rich man) When I replaced them with Pirelli's . . . smooth as glass. BTW the Pirellis dry rotted and fell apart at about half the tread life, wont be buying those again either.
Or Goodyear Wranglers...

didn't even get 19,000 out on my org.s 31.5x10.5" on my 99 Dakota 4x4

I have Less Schwab house brand, since 2000
32x11.5" Wild Country RVT MS, for 22 years & 42,000+ miles
'great in the snow' or dry not too noisy, handel well for a big tire
they are good in the mud or gravel & rocks
I'm more worried that 'the casing are getting too old',
but no cracks/checks etc. & my truck is always stored in a garage too

(& I'd buy them again if I could get 33x10")

The tread is still about 5/16"+, in the center, like 3/8" towards the outside
('sort of' a too narrow of a rim, for tire width)
I could probably get another 'easily 10,000+ miles' if I wanted to,
I just don't want to risk it...

Last edited:
i hate to say it but over the years i've replaced all my electric american NAMED tools with makita's

and there is the problem. The American named products many of us grew up with are foriegn owned, and quiliaty is a joke.

Auto Transport Service
Back