• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Bright Dip Anodizing

Finally got around to detail painting the re-anodized grill and headlight doors. Used the correct black paint . Also painted the small bars in between the egg crates with the black , as was my broken original grill. I bought the grey argent paint from Total , but I did'nt like the finish that it left. It wasn't coarse enough . I used some Outdoor furniture paint for wrought iron steel from my local Ace hardware store and spayed the grill with it first. I got the finish more like the original. Then I sprayed over it with the Total Auto product to achive the correct color. I did try this on a srcap piece to be sure the differnt paints did'n react to one another. I think they turned out pretty nice , What do you all think?

IMG_0006(4).jpg IMG_0007(4).jpg IMG_0008(4).jpg IMG_0010(3).jpg

Should have machine work back next week at the latest Ken. All the parts are here now. Will rebuild A833 this week sometime.

I'd say that looks very close if not right on. Who did the anodizing?

Meep, Check the beginning of this thread. I sent them to Industrial metal refinishers in Reading Pa. I have info if you need.

Meep, Check the beginning of this thread. I sent them to Industrial metal refinishers in Reading Pa. I have info if you need.

Sorry to dig up an old topic, but I am looking to replace the blinged out grille someone put on my 68 RR, with the appropriate darker color. Does anyone know of someone who has one for sale, or a remanufactured option? I'm happy to dig into it, and go through this process if necessary, but I am hopeful an easier solution exists!
Thanks!

Auto Transport Service
Back