• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Broke my 7UP Pop Machine today....

I sometimes like Ramen noodles as a snack.

Well I guess I did put this thread in the general discussion section...jhc...:BangHead:
I was going to add some more information about the 2 Ian wing cars in response to Hey-o's post #289, but I didn't want the thread to go too far off the rails, oh well, I tried.
So, any update from the body shop on when they're going to have room for you?

Be three weeks on Thursday so I'll call him again. He's doing farm **** still and as long as I get it there before the sled trails open we should be good. I have no shortage of work here to do anyhow.

I'd rather it be here not being worked on than in his shop not being worked on!

Last edited:
I'd rather it be here not being worked on than in his shop not being worked on!
That feeling applies to many of us, I suppose.
Even if you weren't going to drive it or do anything, it feels like wasted time when it is elsewhere and not getting worked on.
When I've had daily drivers in the shop and I'm at home, I think of what I could be doing in that car or truck IF I had it at home.

Off to the massage parlour in the morning! Almost 3 months post cluster f but at least I'm not waiting 2 to 3 years like many.

Thought I'd better get a shot of my decals that are probably getting toasted.
superbirdbentdoorpt5 001.jpg

This one's been there since before I bought the car, so I'll need to verify it was correct to begin with and then replace.
superbirdbentdoorpt5 003.jpg

Almost forgot to pull that quarter panel extension off, so no lugs get broken. I'll let the beauty shop lads deal with the bumper. They may be able to leave it on, but will probably pull it.
superbirdbentdoorpt5 009.jpg

Chrysler Dealer ad material right there.. LOL
superbirdbentdoorpt5 017.jpg

Pulled the door jam switch so it doesn't have to get taped off and I don't have to worry about a dead battery from the dome light staying on.
superbirdbentdoorpt5 021.jpg

Parts they'll need and some love notes!
superbirdbentdoorpt5 022.jpg

Some need paint and some don't but that'll depend on how close George gets the paint match.
superbirdbentdoorpt5 024.jpg

Gonna get him to rehit that drivers inner wheel well that I shot before Talledaga, to hide the battery acid mess that was there. I bit too bright, but it worked at the time. Taping it off, prepping and not making a mess is gonna be the challenge.
superbirdbentdoorpt5 031.jpg

Quarter panel extension removed successfully with no broken mounting studs.
superbirdbentdoorpt5 042.jpg

Purdy damn clean under there for a 53 year old car. Was painted Yellow in '88 by a master as this is a factory White car!
superbirdbentdoorpt5 044.jpg

Last edited:
Well we're committed now, or is that we should be committed? I keep losing track. George didn't even shock me THIS time when he asked if he could stick his knife in my quarter panel! She's in his crews capable hands now!

You mind if I dig into it with my knife?
20230104_105803.jpg

"No go right ahead!"
20230104_105749.jpg

One original quarter panel under the paint, no patch panels. Woohoo!
20230104_105825.jpg

20230104_112336.jpg

When it's done. Once he gets that side fixed up I'm then going to coax him some more to do the rocker below the body line on the passenger side. All depends how well he finds the "new" paint plays with the old on this side. He originaly "signed up" for painting a door !!! :lol:

I heard that loud and clear. Say no more. In this kind of hobby there is give and take when it come to a great body man and a project. I like the ones that totally agree and don't argue with what you want done. But there is a fine line when it comes time for a delivery date. I know all too well. I have learnt over the last 5 years that "I'm not always in a rush"

I heard that loud and clear. Say no more. In this kind of hobby there is give and take when it come to a great body man and a project. I like the ones that totally agree and don't argue with what you want done. But there is a fine line when it comes time for a delivery date. I know all too well. I have learnt over the last 5 years that "I'm not always in a rush"
I have lots of other stuff to work on and a Granddaughter to watch grow. I can get all the window parts cleaned up, new slider mylar, etc all put together and everything I removed cleaned up ready and then I'll move on to building a new rear axle for the '64. After I stop playing with the HP2.. lol

WOW! I just saw this and am hoping this works out well for you Wayne.

Well we're committed now, or is that we should be committed? I keep losing track. George didn't even shock me THIS time when he asked if he could stick his knife in my quarter panel! She's in his crews capable hands now!

View attachment 1396962
"No go right ahead!"
View attachment 1396963
View attachment 1396964
View attachment 1396965

We’ll, what did he find after he ruined the quarter panel?

View attachment 1396962
"No go right ahead!"
View attachment 1396963
View attachment 1396964
View attachment 1396965
I hope he gave the bird some Novacane ahead of the knife :lol:
Looks like you are in good hands for sure.

We’ll, what did he find after he ruined the quarter panel?
LOL.. George is like me with plastic. I can burn a piece and tell you what type of plastic it is. George scrapes off each layer and with 42 years in the booth has a good idea what product was used. After that I told him to grind the bottom seam area to metal as I thought there may be a patch panel in there and there was NOT !

Auto Transport Service
Back