• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

bucket seat help needed

xpsyclonex2002

Local time
9:54 AM
Reaction score
OK guys. I'm new to the site. Long story short. I need new bucket seats for my 66 coronet. Not concerned with having factory correct seats. Anyone put buckets from another car into their car that worked out(even late model stuff)? I have a console in my car that I need to consider. What years of factory buckets use the same frame as the 66? My car is not stock so keeping stock parts isn't proirity one but I would give factory t easyparts first pick.

Take a look at mid to late 80's Dodge 600 and 400 buckets.

I got a white leather set from a turbo convertible for $40.

The upholstery pattern is very simmilar to 60s and 70's style, and the back is low with a small adjustable headrest. Not too terribly out of character for my 66.

I even would bet a good chunk of money that you could remove the head restraint, and use a Legendary 1966 seat cover on them. EDIT- Whoops, might loose my money as the back is not the same.

I did have to pound out the studs on my seat tracks and drill one hole in each about 3/4 away from the factory hole.

As a bonus, they recline.

Got some new info after taking out the factory buckets in my brother's satellite:

Apparently there are two sets of holes in the floor for the outboard tracks. His were in the outer holes, mine seem to be in the inner. It also looks like the bucket tracks are offset, and the bench tracks are not. Both tracks look to be adjustable for height by about 1.5 inches.

I sure wish newer cars had this feature as I'm 6'3" with a long spine. I NEED that extra 1.5 between the seat and roof. With that said, the 600 seats sit about an inch lower than my factory bench without adjusting the track. Good for me.

Using the factory bench tracks (non offset) and inboard holes (I assume both holes are present on a bench car, but probably shouldn't) causes my seats to have a lot of space between the seat and door, giving much more than enough for the 600 seat's slide adjuster, but causes them to crowd the center tunnel. I have a factory "buddy seat" and it won't quite fit.

I tried to make the 600 seat tracks work, but couldn't although I have seen them made to work in a 1970.

BTW, my inboard tracks are currently 14" 2x4's. Not the best, but works.

I'll try to get pics next time I am down at "the shop".

More on the 600 adjuster...it looks like this could easily be bent upwards and/or cut down to get a lot more clearance in this area. This would facilitate moving the seats outboard by another inch or two.

The seats remind me of 69 style in shape and 67 style in pattern.

U mite try looking around for some 3rd or 4th gen GM F body seats. There are a lot of them out there, which gives u sum choices in color, material and such. Theyre also light, and u can build the brackets ez enuf.

replacement buckets

try this guy Chris 716-870-4406 priced right. he builds 'em right. All colors available. give him a call

try this guy Chris 716-870-4406 priced right. he builds 'em right. All colors available. give him a call

I already had a call into them. I spotted them on Ebay. That is one heck of a price considering what the old ragged out seats go for unrestored.

I'll try to get pics next time I am down at "the shop".

More on the 600 adjuster...it looks like this could easily be bent upwards and/or cut down to get a lot more clearance in this area. This would facilitate moving the seats outboard by another inch or two.

The seats remind me of 69 style in shape and 67 style in pattern.

I tried finding picture sbut everything I found had armrests built into them.

Got some pics yesterday. First two are through the glass, soory about that.
Last one shows the unnecessarily long adjuster knob, however, the trim piece is missing from that side. For the record, the rear seat back is just sitting there and is from a 73 Duster.

DSCN5632.jpg

DSCN5633.jpg

DSCN5634.jpg

Those do look pretty good. Have a custom back seat cover to mimick thenm and they would blend pretty good.

Just uploading the 67 pic so you don't have to link-

i have some buckets (totally seperate unattached style) in mine dont know what they are from tho...
im wanting to put a front bench in w/ arm rest! heh

Those look like van seats...but at least they look like Dodge van.

Thanks,
I could see that as the previous owner was really into vans. wish he had ones with arm rests tho!!!

Auto Transport Service
Back