• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Buiding 383 and May Need Info

dobtruckers1

Local time
6:30 PM
Reaction score
I I had an engine fire in my street rod that has 379,000 miles all powered by a 383 or 400. Going with a 383 this time and may be looking for some information on the way. Since this forum kept coming up in my Google searches I thought it would be a good idea to jump on board.

Thanks

Welcome from NY.
If that 383 and 400 you’re talking about are Mopar engines, then you’re on the right site for support!

Welcome from Nebraska! Bb mopar will always be my favorite engine design!

Your car has been around the world 16 times!!
Welcome (4).jpg
Street Rod pics count as snacks!

I think a 383 would be an awesome engine for a rod.
Welcome and feel free to ask any questions to help your rod get another 100K on the clock.
Gus

Welcome from Florida. I have a 383 with 906 heads and half dome pistons in it. With the purple cam. :welcome:

Photo as requested - got her on the road in 1973 and have accumulated 379,000 mikes since then - all with a 383 or 400 Mopar and a 727. And yes, I'm the guy that makes the cast aluminum valley covers and valve covers for the early Hemis.

34 medium res.jpg

Welcome from Alabama, just built a 383 for my current project.

IMG_20220826_110045868_HDR.jpg

Auto Transport Service
Back