• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Young, dumb, and glad to be here. Oregon poster

Mr4speedJr

Local time
1:26 AM
Reaction score
New to the forum. Please be kind.

Ran into some hardships allowing me to reassess my direction. Looking for an answer to my life I ran into this forum.

Growing up with a Chevy dad the 70 plum crazy 440 6 pack charger was sold off early. After Mr4speed (my dad's handle) I moved and followed what I dreamed of. First came a 70' 383 long pistol grip 4speed 2 door post road runner in dark green with a green bench seat to boot. It's rusty in the trunk and quarters and was hit up front but all original interior and drivetrain still there. Next along my way an orange 69 charger 500 equipped with a little 440 ho, ac, and automatic. After a pair on 70 challengers came my way and one went off to a new owner. None bat an eye to the 01 dodge ram sporting dually, 4x4, 4.10s, long bed, extended cab diesel.

Now I have to downsize but have more then Mopar's to work with. I want to build away from factory and have lots of engine background but little fab. Hopefully fallowing some of your builds will inspire my direction and hopefully you will be able to follow my build too.Thank you for your time. Photos to come.

Last edited:
Welcome to the site! I have a 70 Sixpack Charger R/T, and I also owned a 69 Charger 500,and a V code 4 speed 70 Road Runner too. All were great cars,looking forward to seeing your projects!

20230125_105806.jpg

20210925_133419.jpg

I, too, grew up with a Chevy dad. But he also had many other makes along the way, including some Mopars...even a '70 Cuda is on the list of ones he owned :thumbsup:
And greetings, welcome to FBBO from NY.

Welcome from one state south of you on the central coast.

Welcome to the site!! My dad drove mostly Mopars but wasn't a car guy at all. Just get a new one and quit messing with the old stuff he would say....

Welcome to FBBO from NorCal Sierras

good luck

I grew up in a predominantly Pontiac household from
6 y/o to 15 y/o
my step-dad Bob a S/S racers, lots of GTOs from 64 to 71
like every other year
& a few gen 1 Firebird 400's/Ram Airs etc.
He just dabbled in MoPars,
my mom's 1st new car was a 68 Sport Satellite 383 4bbl 4 speed
after her 57 Savoy 2 dr wagon, here 57 2 dr Ranch Wagon/Del Rio
& he had Ford cars, wagons & trucks too
I loved his 53 F100 hotrod
it's not that uncommon, for that generation to be schooled on many brands...

I've dabbled 'in most all of the big 3, muscle car era'...

New to the forum. Please be kind.

Ran into some hardships allowing me to reassess my direction. Looking for an answer to my life I ran into this forum.

Growing up with a Chevy dad the 70 plum crazy 440 6 pack charger was sold off early. After Mr4speed (my dad's handle) I moved and followed what I dreamed of. First came a 70' 383 long pistol grip 4speed 2 door post road runner in dark green with a green bench seat to boot. It's rusty in the trunk and quarters and was hit up front but all original interior and drivetrain still there. Next along my way an orange 69 charger 500 equipped with a little 440 ho, ac, and automatic. After a pair on 70 challengers came my way and one went off to a new owner. None bat an eye to the 01 dodge ram sporting dually, 4x4, 4.10s, long bed, extended cab diesel.

Now I have to downsize but have more then Mopar's to work with. I want to build away from factory and have lots of engine background but little fab. Hopefully fallowing some of your builds will inspire my direction and hopefully you will be able to follow my build too.Thank you for your time. Photos to come.
Welcome and glad to have you here. Have fun ! Show us pics !

You have some company. There are some old and dumb members here too.

01 funny 8.jpg

Kidding, of course. Most members are not stupid.
There are some great people on the forum. I am often impressed at how helpful many of the members are.
Help is just a few clicks away here....posting questions often results in whatever help you needed BUT you have to provide enough information to get a proper answer.
For new parts, you should consider buying from companies that sponsor this site. Their efforts support the cost of running this place so we should shop with them to keep this train running as smooth as it does. They all make excellent products and have fantastic customer service. I've used several of them myself and will do so again.

Welcome from PA!

As stated already, there are lots of helpful people here, so ask away. We'd love to see some pictures of your projects too!

Auto Transport Service
Back