• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Build Sheets

Local time
8:10 AM
Reaction score
I recently bought a 79 Chrysler 300, 23K mile virgin. I was wondering if Mopars of this vintage had build sheets like the 60's cars did? Are they typically stuffed up in the rear seat springs like the older cars?

Thanks,

Welcome to the club ! I too have a 79 300. That was a great buy. I found info on mymopar to read the fender tag numbers if you don't find the build sheet. I checked the back seat of mine and didn't find one.Also heard that it may be under the rug. Have fun with your new ride !

my 79 300 had the sheet under the rug, behind the driver's seat. Build sheets have more info than the "fender" tag.

79300, Southwest PA ? I grew up in the Mon-Valley area.

Thanks everyone for the information. Pittsburgher since day 1 many years ago.
The 300 is a big change for us. We had a 66 Barracuda Formula S, 273, 4 speed for 27 years. Sold it on ebay
and found our 300. With the help of 2 friends and some money to Summit, we ditched the lean burn and now looks like
a stock early 70's small block except for the Edelbrock air cleaner. Runs great and fun to drive. They few times I got to drive before winter, amazed me how many nice comments we got on it. Spring won't get here soon enough for me.

Yea, mine had a hot start problem. Would start right up when cold. Swapped out the lean burn, no more problems. Wait till someone says "Nice Monte Carlo" ... The other day got asked"What year Grand Prix is that"....................

Oh boy. Looking forward to that. LOL

Auto Transport Service
Back