• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Build Thread- 64 Fury Convertible

Brings back memories when I was doing the '62. It's the fun part when you're starting to see some light at the end of the tunnel.

Looks real nice :thumbsup:

Got The new Gas tank in, Sending Unit,& filler neck. Bled the brakes, figured the radiator hoses out for 440 to Aluminum Radiator. hooked up the Tranny Lines, and located the 727 dipstick tube, (Tranny Builder had it )...
_nc_ohc=TtRCoXcvb7kAX_uEjYQ&_nc_ht=scontent-atl3-1.jpg
_nc_ohc=wnNz41xJKnsAX-sjLc5&_nc_ht=scontent-atl3-1.jpg
_nc_ohc=JlhFS5Agi30AX_V7h-6&_nc_ht=scontent-atl3-1.jpg

More Progress on the 64... Been working all the details out under the hood. Got the Carb and dual line on (running to the back),installed starter cable relocater, Power steering return line, Overflow tank, found top dead on the compression stroke and dropped in the Dizzy and gear,Hooked up the throttle and passing gear linkages and brackets (1964 ones). Mounted the shifter, and console as to hook up shifter cable and adjusted transmission. late model 727 Conversion kit worked great. sourced a wiring harness from a buddys car for the console, went from one wire to three wire safety neutral switch.
Next night we ran the Fuel line, and put in the electric fuel pump. I decided to use Max wedge heater hoses. I'm going to run them just under the wiring on the left fenderwell, not up on top like the max wedge cars were. we've made a bracket to hold them on top of shock stud. we also fabricated a mount for coil that works with the dual line Holley. Tried on the Direct connection Air cleaner for clearance. everything works great !! Hope to fire her up tomorrow.
_nc_ohc=Es-zxKmvwqoAX-n4dBx&_nc_ht=scontent-atl3-1.jpg
_nc_ohc=N0Qk-UbVoF8AX9sAVct&_nc_ht=scontent-atl3-1.jpg
_nc_ohc=KFn0Hr1PK18AX90GEDq&_nc_ht=scontent-atl3-1.jpg
X-LXb62&tn=5yiR4lxnBmOVWXL9&_nc_ht=scontent-atl3-1.jpg
_nc_ohc=a_Q8IcgZzbkAX-KkoHL&_nc_ht=scontent-atl3-1.jpg
_nc_ohc=Ts-Rjovbxr8AX-KQHVA&_nc_ht=scontent-atl3-1.jpg

Good job! You have certainly been progressing on your project faster than me on mine.

Good job! You have certainly been progressing on your project faster than me on mine.
thanks Dave, I'm really working hard on it. I have a painter who's supposed to take it right after the first of the year so i'm hustling to get done.

We wrapped up everything on the engine today !! Tomorrow, we gonna Fire that Mutha Up !!!! Heres a before ( as I got car ) and after photo's LOL
_nc_ohc=7m_p2gF4n3EAX8qupf5&_nc_ht=scontent-atl3-1.jpg
_nc_ohc=2b3A3yc6_iUAX-XAhPw&_nc_ht=scontent-atl3-1.jpg

Fired her up today... Everything went as planned. ran good, 75lbs oil pressure on start up. Idled at 70 lbs, and 170 degrees..... Just got to chase down a few leaks..... Didnt run her long as she doesnt have any exhaust. Just open manifold pipe.

_nc_ohc=lrTiB6DIzfEAX8YbEsa&_nc_ht=scontent-atl3-1.jpg
X_jn8QW&tn=5yiR4lxnBmOVWXL9&_nc_ht=scontent-atl3-1.jpg

More work on the 64, Some good,some bad… when we fired the car, there was a small leak coming from the heater box. It was a brand new re-cored heater core. So, I had to remove the entire heater box and when we tested it outside the car. It was leaking from the tube weld( Not our weld ). The folks Made it right and sent me a new one ASAP. We got it retested and reinstalled in the box and the box back in car. Then reinstalled the heater hoses and refilled radiator. I also got several of the front splash guards installed. We worked on the the bucket seat Brackets position and setting the seat in place. Now to weld the brackets and install the seats. Our Temps lately at Night have been single digits in North Carolina, I can only imagine what some of you have had !!!
_nc_ohc=QBb4MCP8waIAX8EsxY9&_nc_ht=scontent-iad3-2.jpg
_nc_ohc=GodqwLZIjOkAX8KwIfr&_nc_ht=scontent-iad3-2.jpg
_nc_ohc=VZsWVi9qa5UAX-Y7qqX&_nc_ht=scontent-iad3-2.jpg
_nc_ohc=IjxyPyV2NCUAX9qB1Oh&_nc_ht=scontent-iad3-2.jpg
_nc_ohc=2d0IL9e9u2EAX_nfUg-&_nc_ht=scontent-iad3-2.jpg
_nc_ohc=K_Pg4fwUjhsAX8msSEz&_nc_ht=scontent-iad3-2.jpg
X8Z8jww&tn=5yiR4lxnBmOVWXL9&_nc_ht=scontent-iad3-2.jpg
_nc_ohc=lBRMDEPVrnIAX_CY0j6&_nc_ht=scontent-iad3-2.jpg
X91SeOa&tn=5yiR4lxnBmOVWXL9&_nc_ht=scontent-iad3-2.jpg
_nc_ohc=bFZUXeJQh2kAX9N4bGj&_nc_ht=scontent-iad3-2.jpg
_nc_ohc=uhN4fl7PFOEAX839fxY&_nc_ht=scontent-iad3-2.jpg

Well at least you hadn't installed the carpet yet when the heater core leaked! Looking good!

Great thread, thanks for all your time and trouble posting this. Getting started on the Savoy finally.

061B5BEB-42A4-4A29-AD91-5D17953D5B14.jpeg

Got the Custom seat brackets finished, painted, Bolted to seats and in the car !!! Just going to put some C Channel under the floors to Bolt Through as well...
_nc_ohc=GVVeL7qoJesAX9-c1Ya&_nc_ht=scontent-atl3-1.jpg
X9waObX&tn=5yiR4lxnBmOVWXL9&_nc_ht=scontent-atl3-1.jpg
_nc_ohc=xGULKYewXVwAX-cUM5c&_nc_ht=scontent-atl3-1.jpg
D0TrVZUBSzV5EUHUtXjRyKsdM_5&_nc_ht=scontent-atl3-1.jpg
_nc_ohc=e5A-whspakMAX9wrCru&_nc_ht=scontent-atl3-1.jpg

Smart move on the seat mounting reinforcements. The PO of mine just had the buckets, oe ones but car came with a bench, mounted to the floor with no backup. The floor eventually ended up with tears/cracks at those points. One of the reasons I did what I did for my car. Has nice solid mounting now.

Realized its been a while since I posted on here.... I've been busy on a lot of fronts. We took a Vacation for a week on The Legendary Rhythm & Blues Cruise ( first one really since 2019 before Covid ). I sold my Marauder, and bought a Challenger as my Daily....and I started working on my old vintage camper. We're going to take it to more shows this year....and they're making progress on My 71 Dart....
_nc_ohc=Sm8qXHJ1sc0AX8JjP0Q&_nc_ht=scontent-iad3-2.jpg
_nc_ohc=Xe81NkwKDm8AX9x5DDp&_nc_ht=scontent-iad3-2.jpg
X99NLiH&tn=5yiR4lxnBmOVWXL9&_nc_ht=scontent-iad3-2.jpg
_nc_ohc=e6hkD-ZVI0gAX-oD6dW&_nc_ht=scontent-iad3-2.jpg
X87jHjs&tn=5yiR4lxnBmOVWXL9&_nc_ht=scontent-iad3-2.jpg
_nc_ohc=gFXSoUU9TVQAX_3uNdR&_nc_ht=scontent-iad3-2.jpg
_nc_ohc=QlDaLBBDR8UAX8hELBF&_nc_ht=scontent-iad3-2.jpg
_nc_ohc=-U0pFAzhObsAX-rqNPF&_nc_ht=scontent-iad3-2.jpg
_nc_ohc=4O3QjKGJcIgAX_Xs1kl&_nc_ht=scontent-iad3-2.jpg

Auto Transport Service
Back