• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Build Thread- 64 Fury Convertible

this is taking FOREVER at the Body shop !!!....
7625_n.jpg?_nc_cat=109&ccb=1-7&_nc_sid=0debeb&_nc_ohc=AbiZoAuhKxAAX82RyOA&_nc_ht=scontent-atl3-1.jpg
0077_n.jpg?_nc_cat=109&ccb=1-7&_nc_sid=0debeb&_nc_ohc=npepq660db8AX8mnTOT&_nc_ht=scontent-atl3-1.jpg

Since there aren't many surfaces to run a d/a on, its mostly hand work which takes longer. Plus the better you want it, the longer it takes.

Well this turn of events certainly is not a rare occasion that's for sure!

Well, 17 weeks later, I got the vert back from the Body shop with the engine bay, Dash, & Column painted.... It looks good. He did a good job on the Apron tops etc ....It was supposed to take 3 weeks from when he got it when he said he was ready for it. This is a new Body shop for me. My old one hasn't been doing restoration work anymore... I wasn't impressed with his inability or unwillingness to mask off areas that were already painted....So, I'm not certain I can trust him to Bag the motor and entire dash area and keep it clean during the final body paint....
X-tU_48&tn=IveH_PjGLjtHhtgP&_nc_ht=scontent-atl3-1.jpg
_nc_ohc=DgLeSMAqbDIAX9ndVmc&_nc_ht=scontent-atl3-1.jpg
X9-ZsAY&tn=IveH_PjGLjtHhtgP&_nc_ht=scontent-atl3-1.jpg
_nc_ohc=neMj8WoaYLwAX9rD1oz&_nc_ht=scontent-atl3-1.jpg

Working on the 64, Spent most of the day cleaning and repainting the Brake pedal and brackets, Parking brake and brackets, Sterring gear, K member, Torsion Bars etc etc…. They were all clean and painted already, but the body shop didn’t mask anything off and everything was covered with Primer and Overspray…. Everything is back to where it was before…. Now we can move forward with inside under dash reassembly. I just love doing work twice because other folks are careless
_nc_ohc=S-vgGLUesDAAX_LNAXO&_nc_ht=scontent-atl3-1.jpg
_nc_ohc=TJO5kxqqUGwAX_u31iV&_nc_ht=scontent-atl3-1.jpg
_nc_ohc=QwjdyOnVc_wAX-01O_r&_nc_ht=scontent-atl3-1.jpg
_nc_ohc=tQ_JEVCDocsAX_TqN9t&_nc_ht=scontent-atl3-1.jpg
X-NI4i4&tn=5yiR4lxnBmOVWXL9&_nc_ht=scontent-atl3-1.jpg
_nc_ohc=AdmM43wtXIcAX-C52jo&_nc_ht=scontent-atl3-1.jpg
X9_R-dY&tn=5yiR4lxnBmOVWXL9&_nc_ht=scontent-atl3-1.jpg
_nc_ohc=9_THSuhBeQUAX_IS4if&_nc_ht=scontent-atl3-1.jpg

Preparing to reassemble Underdash.....I know folks are wondering why I didn't paint the whole car before finishing the running gear. Well, We are going to start to build my Buddies A Model roadster in his shop and he needs the bays.... I cant get in his shop to do the mechanical in a year or two when the body is done, so were doing running works now, and it will come back to my shop for final reassembly...
_nc_ohc=MOFk4mDEnnEAX9oMafo&_nc_ht=scontent-atl3-1.jpg
_nc_ohc=gSz5OnLMNtYAX8RV2Pk&_nc_ht=scontent-atl3-1.jpg
_nc_ohc=fdC75U7w0zwAX8Je5cb&_nc_ht=scontent-atl3-1.jpg
X_8x5Wj&tn=5yiR4lxnBmOVWXL9&_nc_ht=scontent-atl3-1.jpg
9j9JQ4MOkax2NRm8IegVfy5XbUC&_nc_ht=scontent-atl3-1.jpg
_nc_ohc=PAZJhq8WIVgAX9zgr45&_nc_ht=scontent-atl3-1.jpg

Preparing to reassemble Underdash.....I know folks are wondering why I didn't paint the whole car before finishing the running gear. Well, We are going to start to build my Buddies A Model roadster in his shop and he needs the bays.... I cant get in his shop to do the mechanical in a year or two when the body is done, so were doing running works now, and it will come back to my shop for final reassembly...View attachment 1317402View attachment 1317403View attachment 1317404View attachment 1317405View attachment 1317406View attachment 1317407
Wow, shiney. Sorry to hear about the long wait and poor craftmanship. Guys are all about the money and just don't care any more.

Working on the 64, Spent most of the day cleaning and repainting the Brake pedal and brackets, Parking brake and brackets, Sterring gear, K member, Torsion Bars etc etc…. They were all clean and painted already, but the body shop didn’t mask anything off and everything was covered with Primer and Overspray…. Everything is back to where it was before…. Now we can move forward with inside under dash reassembly. I just love doing work twice because other folks are careless

careless? you are way to kind....... that **** is totally unacceptable

love the car

Working on the 64 again..... Had another bout of Covid, and My wagons Tranny took a dump..... Fortunately, I had a spare 904 from the parts car I got my suspension off of !! we took a chance on it and stuck it in...Fluid looked great etc etc.... so far, Its doing great !!!
Then Terry's Car (we put the sniper on) which always was a little hard starting since he put a Hyperspark ii ignition in, started getting worse which was messing with the sniper because Voltage was dropping too low on Start..... We think we have that figured out, but we messed with that for two weeks....Now, this week we're leaving for a trip to Maryland for the Annual Labor Day Cumberland Rod Run we attend each year.... Revelry & Hijinks will ensue....
_nc_ohc=G0tZcqRh_IIAX95-OTh&_nc_ht=scontent-atl3-1.jpg
_nc_ohc=a9RdlxTfvjEAX-igL5B&_nc_ht=scontent-atl3-1.jpg
_nc_ohc=o8vCVVVhcvIAX8CORys&_nc_ht=scontent-atl3-1.jpg
_nc_ohc=aq8A8_XL-mkAX-SKocM&_nc_ht=scontent-atl3-1.jpg
X9K4d2X&tn=5yiR4lxnBmOVWXL9&_nc_ht=scontent-atl3-1.jpg
_nc_ohc=xoMqs8758mAAX9gvwd-&_nc_ht=scontent-atl3-1.jpg
_nc_ohc=_AW42MaD_pMAX9mZZNg&_nc_ht=scontent-atl3-1.jpg
_nc_ohc=cYJ1GVdIH1kAX8LFgjn&_nc_ht=scontent-atl3-1.jpg

slow but steady wins the race..... Dash Wiring harness has been rewrapped, and installed in dash, along with swiches. Dash is back in the car. Steering column is in the car....
_nc_ohc=EL12dxmKM5gAX9dcprr&_nc_ht=scontent-atl3-1.jpg
_nc_ohc=53k8Ef9v9CEAX-WnLRP&_nc_ht=scontent-atl3-1.jpg
_nc_ohc=-ZDzEq5GG-YAX8VgVTv&_nc_ht=scontent-atl3-1.jpg
_nc_ohc=0asb8q1pNkcAX-9ckCa&_nc_ht=scontent-atl3-1.jpg
_nc_ohc=hN6Z6env7ZAAX8xgtlG&_nc_ht=scontent-atl3-1.jpg
_nc_ohc=JrdHVgElti8AX__Vvnb&_nc_ht=scontent-atl3-1.jpg
_nc_ohc=JlakzSUwBBEAX_vC09u&_nc_ht=scontent-atl3-1.jpg
X_x4TkG&tn=5yiR4lxnBmOVWXL9&_nc_ht=scontent-atl3-1.jpg
_nc_ohc=vvcmSgxr61IAX8lPO6y&_nc_ht=scontent-atl3-1.jpg
_nc_ohc=UoOPRFAIm_AAX9Po0Rw&_nc_ht=scontent-atl3-1.jpg
X_4aTAI&tn=5yiR4lxnBmOVWXL9&_nc_ht=scontent-atl3-1.jpg
_nc_ohc=8rDynCl4Qr4AX-V59SS&_nc_ht=scontent-atl3-1.jpg

What color is your vert top and trim? was it a standard color. Paint code? thanbks!!!

What color is your vert top and trim? was it a standard color. Paint code? thanbks!!!
This car was Chestnut Brown from the factory...It was white when I got it.... It is now going to Be Viper Red with two tone red interior, and a Tan top.

More on the 64... Got the Master Cyl. in. Mancini Racing with a disc/Drum preset design. Finished hooking up Heater Box, Windshield wiper motor, basically ready to put in the Instrument cluster now. Also got the firewall wiring harness and electronic ignition stuff on Firewall. We are adding Fuseable link wires and bringing Alt wire back to Starter relay post, drilling & Bypassing the old terminals in the Junction Box with new 10 guage wire (they were toast) and doing the Ammmeter Bypass.... I am using a NEW engine harness for electronic ign. under hood, and Factory existing under dash harness with the Ammeter bypass under dash.
K87NnEF&tn=5yiR4lxnBmOVWXL9&_nc_ht=scontent-atl3-1.jpg
X9qmNlW&tn=5yiR4lxnBmOVWXL9&_nc_ht=scontent-atl3-1.jpg
X8cHjpz&tn=5yiR4lxnBmOVWXL9&_nc_ht=scontent-atl3-1.jpg
_nc_ohc=NGudj8Oh5YAAX9dMEx9&_nc_ht=scontent-atl3-1.jpg
_nc_ohc=By0lMwP5JxwAX8qnVZe&_nc_ht=scontent-atl3-1.jpg
_nc_ohc=k9A18rhzyfIAX_Kmcwb&_nc_ht=scontent-atl3-1.jpg

Auto Transport Service
Back