• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

bumble bees.......not the car

If you can pour some bleach in the opening, they will relocate pretty quick. Works for any pesky creatures. I once had a rat that was tunneling under an outbuilding so I filled in the hole with the gravel and poured some bleach in the hole and on the surrounding area. Next day, dead rat about 20 feet from the building. A big one.

If you can pour some bleach in the opening, they will relocate pretty quick. Works for any pesky creatures. I once had a rat that was tunneling under an outbuilding so I filled in the hole with the gravel and poured some bleach in the hole and on the surrounding area. Next day, dead rat about 20 feet from the building. A big one.

I put a meatball in a bowl of antifreeze for a pesky rat (where pets couldn't get to it)....... meatball disappeared, and I found the bastard a few days later

Not once but thrice you oopsed?

Sorry Ed, I'm with Pop on this one :poke:
He was right, though - I get my dogged persistence from him.
It's that same will that has served to keep me alive when I was supposed to die - several times. :thumbsup:

It sux they were that close to the house because they are pretty docile. You can pet those bees. :)

Coleman camp stove fuel, that white-ish stuff. They melt. All of them, wasps or whatever.
Can of Raid, the type that shoots 15 feet. It is not nearly as good as it used to be. Used to insta-gank the things. Now they land, shake it off, and crawl around. maybe fly away if they didn't get enough. But they don;t like the stuff and I have never been attacked using it, plus it is handy it can shoot so far to soak nests.

I don't know about other parts of the country, but in WI honey bees are itty bitty fit on the nail of my pinky finger. Wasps are bigger, like little flying sticks with wings, spindly legs, no meat on them. Honey bees are friendly for the most part and I have never had a nest show up where I cared. They like nature and not my house apparently. Wasps can F off.

Bumble bees though. Bumble bees are the size of golf balls here. You hear them before you see them. You see them, from 50 yards away. Docile is not the right word for them. They won't come after you, I mean, not just to come "get you". They will come after you though, to see what you are about and what you will do. Fly all the way across the yard to buzz around your face until you wave them away. Usually they are just looking for food, or looking for a new nest location, but apparently they can't resist the moving tree in the yard and have to come see what I am about.

I wave them away or shoo them away with the shop broom, they generally flee before fight. But they are not allowed in my space, anymore then the rest of the lot of them are.

We have Mellitologist(people who study bees) If I spelled that correctly, on all of our jobs, for some damn reason. When you brought up bumble bees it reminds of the time they were some huge *** bumble bees flying around when the mellitologist were on my site. I said look at that huge *** bumble bee. She was quick to correct me that was a carpenter bee and it wasn’t part of the bumble bee family and that they were actually over 40 some species of bumblebees in the USA, lol. I was like uh, ok as I was trying hard not to stare at her and her braless friend that was wearing a white shirt whose pokies were bigger than those bumble bees.

We have Mellitologist(people who study bees) If I spelled that correctly, on all of our jobs, for some damn reason. When you brought up bumble bees it reminds of the time they were some huge *** bumble bees flying around when the mellitologist were on my site. I said look at that huge *** bumble bee. She was quick to correct me that was a carpenter bee and it wasn’t part of the bumble bee family and that they were actually over 40 some species of bumblebees in the USA, lol. I was like uh, ok as I was trying hard not to stare at her and her braless friend that was wearing a white shirt whose pokies were bigger than those bumble bees.

1687701733951.png

carpenter bees vs bumble bees - Google Search

We have Mellitologist(people who study bees) I was like uh, ok as I was trying hard not to stare at her and her braless friend that was wearing a white shirt whose pokies were bigger than those bumble bees.
Then you'll need a Femalelogist, people who study females (like me ) to help
1687702127414.png

Auto Transport Service
Back