• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

bumble bees.......not the car

eldubb440

more miracles than Jesus
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
4:52 AM
Reaction score
:drama: I do not like bees; however, I never had an issue with bumble bees........ until now

these bastards have built a nest under my back step, and I don't need Rebel investigating and putting his nose where it doesn't belong

so I see the tunnel where they go in and out, and blasted them with sevin dust right in the hole and the surrounding areas after dark. This was some time last week, and the following day there were no bumble bees. But after a day or two they made a new entrance, right through the dust!..... I've blasted them 4 times since :BangHead:

last night I used the last of the dust, then mixed up a bag of concrete and sealed the tomb....... they tunneled through the wet concrete!

I just sealed it back up, now I have pissed off bumble bees trying to get back inside! now I'm on guard duty, picking them off one by one with brake clean........ I'm at war! :elmer:

damn squatters, anywhere but under my steps :cursin:

1687186940010.png

IF YOU use my suggestion, please set up a video camera first, you know to guage your success.

They might have more than one entrance. I've used a garden hose at night and drowned them. Stick the hose in the hole and fill it up real good.

Out in the open when there's no risk of fire, I've poured gasoline into the hole. The fumes will eradicate them quickly.

Good luck!

and it seems every year I locate the bald face hornets...... haven't seen them yet this year

1687193122561.png

Did you read about bumble bees before starting your personal Vietnam war? Thay are docile and take a lot to get angry, have small hives with a small population. Are important for plant pollination. I have a hive that lives in my back steps with a entrance between the rocks, I'll st and have a cigar and applejack as they fly in and out between my legs. Never bothered me and I don't bother them.

Did you read about bumble bees before starting your personal Vietnam war? Thay are docile and take a lot to get angry, have small hives with a small population. Are important for plant pollination. I have a hive that lives in my back steps with a entrance between the rocks, I'll st and have a cigar and applejack as they fly in and out between my legs. Never bothered me and I don't bother them.

my dog was/is very curious........ as stated in the original post, I really don't have a problem with them; but Rebel doesn't need one in the mouth.... and I read they maintain their stinger and can sting multiple times........ they didn't have to choose my steps

Get a bee keeper to move them. My dog got nailed earlier this spring. She avoids them now.....after the visit to the vet. We normally don't have many bumble bees, but had a bunch this year. They don't bother me.

Totally get it with your war, @eldubb440 - as you might imagine out here in God's country, we've
had (and still have) some epic battles with all kinds of 'em.
There's a whole planet for 'em to decide to move in to, so I have no misgivings about keeping them
away from the human/pet occupied areas.
Any means necessary.
Kumbaya, my ***....especially when they're tough enough to make it throughSavin dust AND concrete!

I was working on a flipper house that bees got into through the eaves. I had no idea they were there until I was replacing the sliding glass door and leaned against the top of the dining room wall next to the slider. My hand broke through the sheetrock and the wall exploded with bees. It turned out that they occupied the entire space between 2 studs from floor to ceiling and ate off all the gypsum from the wallboard leaving only the paper skin that was - paper thin. I got stung a few times but it still wasn't as bad as the time I got 'stung' on the adam's apple by a live 110v dishwasher wire.

I'm in the Better Living Through Chemistry camp. Nuke the bastards hard and often!

also had yellow jackets last year behind a shutter about 6 feet from the front door....... I called an exterminator for that one

Auto Transport Service
Back