• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Burned out (NOT burn out) Superbird at IAAI (For auction, not mine)

Appears to have a fender tag... VIN is on it. Was never a Hemi car...
You can sell the nose and wing for the majority of that $35K.

Appears to have a fender tag... VIN is on it. Was never a Hemi car...
You can sell the nose and wing for the majority of that $35K.
The picture says no vin and i also can't see a vin in the pictures?
Yes it seems to have a fender tag but can't read anything on it.
Buildsheet probably burned down with the car.

Never meant to imply this was a factory hemi car. I just meant that a hemi engine would be worth more than 440 engine.

For $35k it looks pretty good to me. Fire damage looks to be mostly confined to the interior, some of the vinyl top is still there and the engine looks ok so couldn't have been a massive inferno.

If you're going to pay this money for a Charger and pull it all apart to restore, then I'd rather start with a Superbird.

Well i was mainly concerned because of this:
1970-Plymouth-Other-RM23UA175649-9.jpg

But if you can prove this thing is real it might not be that bad of a buy depending on the final bid.

I'm not an expert but i've heard that if a car burns down the metal softens and the chassis becomes less rigid.
But then:
Fire damage looks to be mostly confined to the interior, some of the vinyl top is still there and the engine looks ok so couldn't have been a massive inferno.

so what is a restored, previously burned up, SB with no VIN tag worth?...... I'm guessing the sum of the usable parts

I mean, yeah, it can be fixed........ but it will always be that "burned up one"; with some sort of state issued VIN tag

Well i was mainly concerned because of this:
View attachment 1642280

But if you can prove this thing is real it might not be that bad of a buy depending on the final bid.

I'm not an expert but i've heard that if a car burns down the metal softens and the chassis becomes less rigid.
But then:
Fortunately, heat rises, so the chassis probably didn't get as hot as the hood.

Which is a real Superbird...
If they have the numbers posted then it does have a VIN #. Try RM23UOA175649 is what comes to mind, as this would be the most logical, unless its a R or V code car . If the engine has the correct partial VIN, then it would be verified in my mind, and at least partial matching numbers. The transmission also has a partial VIN, and even the trunk lip. So unless it was ragged out and restored at one time there is still plenty to go on. I believe with a proper bill of sale, listing the proper VIN for the car that I can even get it registered here in Alabama. Alabama is a non-title state for 1974 and earlier vehicles, and can be transferred to title states with a bill of sale and registration. So yes, in today's money, it's probably worth 35K, or more.

The picture of the melted instrument cluster clearly shows the alternator gauge started the fire yet again.

Damn shame it ignited in the first place… It’s within hauling distance for Jerry! Certificate of destruction… Hmmm.

IMG_5657.jpeg

IMG_5656.png

Read the ad folks. The VIN is right there.

Screenshot_20240407-123527.png

Some cretin may have written that on the glass because it isn't a 17 digit like current vehicles. Or, the dash plate may have been destroyed in the fire. But, it's somewhere on the car, since they have it in the ad....

Be a great roadkill car. Make it run, put seats in it, and enjoy it.

Be fine to put back on the road up here.

Read the ad folks. The VIN is right there.

View attachment 1642507

Some cretin may have written that on the glass because it isn't a 17 digit like current vehicles. Or, the dash plate may have been destroyed in the fire. But, it's somewhere on the car, since they have it in the ad....

Be a great roadkill car. Make it run, put seats in it, and enjoy it.
Yep, the only thing missing in that VIN is the 0 between the U and A. I imagine the VIN sticker is still on the door and like I said earlier it appears that the fender tag is present. I bet it hit's damn near a 100k..

Certificate of Destruction is all anyone needs to know.

Auto Transport Service
Back