• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Butterscotch Mopars

A kool thread from before my time here, glad to see it!.

IMG_4876_1.JPG

IMG_5162_2.JPG

Is this the one they have been discussing on Moparts with 999 paint code? In this link:
http://board.moparts.org/ubbthreads/showflat.php?Cat=0&Number=6589030&an=0&page=1#Post6589030

They did not offer it on 1969 models from the factory on anything except an A12. It became available on other models beginning in 1970.

Here is a link to Dave Watts KNOWN colors for A12 cars in 1969 so you can see how many have been found as of this date. You have to go to the last page as the thread was started long ago and has been updated as time goes on.

Is this the one they have been discussing on Moparts with 999 paint code? In this link:
http://board.moparts.org/ubbthreads/showflat.php?Cat=0&Number=6589030&an=0&page=1#Post6589030

They did not offer it on 1969 models from the factory on anything except an A12. It became available on other models beginning in 1970.

Here is a link to Dave Watts KNOWN colors for A12 cars in 1969 so you can see how many have been found as of this date. You have to go to the last page as the thread was started long ago and has been updated as time goes on.

Butterscotch, (Dodge) paint code 96 on tag, was only available in '69 on the A12 Bees although I heard rumors of a small number of Darts being painted this color.

Bahama Yellow, (Plymouth) paint code 96 on LR built cars and 99 on STL and LA built cars was available on all 69 RR's after the color was released.

PPG color 81570.

EL5 Butterscotch/Bahama Yellow for 1971 was coded PPG 23225. It was available on Dodge and Plymouth A, B and E bodies.

If both of these cars are painted correctly, there is a difference in the shade.

Attachments

• 96_EL5_600.jpg
    96_EL5_600.jpg
    87 KB · Views: 559
Your right on the Plymouths Doug, I am always thinking Dodge as that is what I have and what I sold new.

Auto Transport Service
Back