• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Buyer Beware - Rick Ehrenberg

I would still like to see the emails and what both parties actually told each other. How hard is it for the OP to copy and paste them?

It all can be simplified by the fact that The OP made a bad series of decisions, got bad advice on what to do and looked to blame the seller. The OP may be a great guy but he needed to do some research before looking, inspect more thoroughly before buying and stop blaming others for his problems.
Did he even consider checking the camshaft? Degree it ??? No, he did not. He painted the engine and ran it as/was. He even had A/C on it.... a 340 with a big cam and A/C ??
He has a heavy car that needs low rpm torque to get moving. He bought A high compression 340 with a wild cam.....clearly a drag race engine better suited for a much lighter car. The engine had a single plane intake but he swapped to a dual plane intake. I would bet he has a Stock converter and likely a 2.76 gear.
No power? Of course not.

Last edited by a moderator:
tenor (8).gif

Sorry I was driving. thanks
Be very careful playin with that phone while driving, you do know there are laws against that, don't you? It could cause you way more trouble then you want, and often at the wrong time!

Auto Transport Service
Back