• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Buying the correct torque converter

JamesF

Local time
5:40 AM
Reaction score
I ordered a 10417 torque converter from B&M thinking it was the right size but the hole pattern is different than the one I took off of the car. Date on 727 and 383 is 1970.

Try these guys...

https://revmaxconverters.com/

I used them, gave them the specs I had and hand built and shipped quickly. It was reasonable too and fit was great and even better works well with the setup!

Call John Cope @CRT and give him your specs. He uses PTC and builds to suit. I have two, and will use him in the future as well.

Ya you can use cope or a&a trans. Or just go directly to PTC

There are 2 different factory converter bolt patterns. Buy a B&M or aftermarket flex plate. Or if you know a good machinist have them redrill it.
Doug

There are 2 different factory converter bolt patterns. Buy a B&M or aftermarket flex plate. Or if you know a good machinist have them redrill it.
Doug
Thank you

Doug
redrill to make it look like this one.

Screenshot_20190301-100319.png

The 10417 is an 11", same as the 383HP would have come with. If it wasn't originally a HP it would have come with a 12" converter with a different flex plate.

The 10417 is an 11", same as the 383HP would have come with. If it wasn't originally a HP it would have come with a 12" converter with a different flex plate.
The 10417 is a 10" I think but I need 11 1/8 bolt pattern.

As you can see from the B&M picture, there are 2 different bolt circle diameters AND the larger size bolt holes for the Hemi (or some aftermarket) 7/16 bolts. The B&M plate pictured covers them all. Beware of the 1 offset lug too & which side of the plate goes toward the block.

Got mine from 440 Source, Not SFI and the only real difference is the $10 sticker as far as I can see.

Auto Transport Service
Back