• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Calling out another member

Without any irons in the fire, this is the way I read this. Buyer and seller agreed to X amount of dollars to ship parts A and B. Part A was not sent as agreed because, as seller freely admits, altered the part by removing a part of it without buyers prior knowledge. Now, seller demands buyer pay to ship the removed part.

Well here I am.....no worries......sold dozens of times without problem with buyer. Yes it appears the package did arrive damaged to buyer. A small repairable crack did seem to occur during shipment which could easily be repaired. As far as the glove box door goes, the buyer said all he really needed was the hinge plate so I did take the initiative to not send the door because it would have added to the shipping cost...which already cost me out of pocket 20.00 more than what buyer sent to ship parts.....so I swallowed additional shipping cost. The glove box door charge was 20.00 so it isnt a lot of money and the door wasnt required by buyer anyways.

I TOLD HIM THREE TIMES TO RETURN THE ITEMS IF HE WASNT HAPPY WITH PURCHASE WHICH I WOULD HAVE BEEN MORE THAN WILLING TO DO HOWEVER WHEN YOU RETURN AN ITEM, THE SELLER DOES NOT PAY FOR SHIPPING. ALSO, THIS GUY KEPT ON GRINDING ME TO THROW IN EXTRAS WHICH I DID....I THREW IN SOME VERY DECENT CORONET EMBLEMS AT NO COST TO BUYER.

I am willing to ship glove box door if he wants but Im not going to pay for shipping for this item.

and....to any members who want to bash Canadians, take a good long hard look at your country and current state of affairs.........ENOUGH SAID!!!!
I for one would never disrespect your great country nor bash its great citizens. My opinion is this should have never been posted, at least not at this point. I didn't look at your selling score but it should reflect the way you do business and that would tell me if i for one would ever purchase anything from you. The only mistake and i could be wrong is you assumed the person did not want the door. A lesson i learned is to be crystal clear as to what the deal is and dont assume anything. As far as you eating additional shipping costs, id ask why? Did you miscalculate the amount to ship? Myself, the crack if not bad and was done in shipping id fix it and move on. The door, i think as the buyer if the item was offered as the hinge and door together thats what i would have bought, unless you agreed to sell items separate. The comment the buyer made about really not needing the door was insignificant only if he paid you what you wanted for the complete item. Did he or did he not pay you for the complete item. Its yes or no and if yes you made a mistake keeping the door and only shipping the hinge. Myself id never ask for extras which amounts to freebies. You want to send it to me for free, thats a nice gesture. I can tell you that a few members here have sent me things for free and I've reciprocated, nothing more needed to say. Id probably send you the shipping if it was me and if i wanted the door and if i didn't, since you sent me some items for free or gave me a better deal id forget about it and move on with more important stuff in my life than a glovebox door. I hope both of you come to a understanding and benefit from this venture

No irons in this fire either, but will give my opinion because I have bought and sold a pile of parts online and have only got burned once many years ago from an *** clown on Moparts. BBodies and ABodies transactions have been great (knock on wood). Buying a part without physically inspecting it and having to pay shipping is never the ideal situation, but it is a decent solution for finding parts that are not local for our old jalopies. Now that the seller responded, the way I see this transaction is that the seller admitted a part was damaged in shipment. He should help the buyer settle the claim with the carrier and it costs him nothing. Sounds like the glovebox door was taken apart and not everything was shipped that was agreed upon. This was the sellers mistake and he needs to ship it to the buyer at no charge. In the future, if there is a mistake made on calculating shipping costs it is not hard to explain the situation to a buyer and ask for more money. If the buyer won't pay any additional charges, then end the transaction right there and move on. Hope this all works out for both parties with no hard feelings.

He should help the buyer settle the claim with the carrier and it costs him nothing. Sounds like the glovebox door was taken apart and not everything was shipped that was agreed upon. This was the sellers mistake and he needs to ship it to the buyer at no charge. In the future, if there is a mistake made on calculating shipping costs it is not hard to explain the situation to a buyer and ask for more money. If the buyer won't pay any additional charges, then end the transaction right there and move on.

hunt2elk, you took the words right out of my mouth. Thank you.

Recently sold a sway bar to a member here, we agreed on $165 shipped. I had no idea what shipping costs was going to be. Turns out it cost me about $90 to ship the sway bar with all mounting hardware and bushings. I didn't take the initiative to only send the sway bar and not the bushings and links because he didn't state they needed them. I was disappointed because I didn't make as much as expected but that's my fault not the buyers, live and learn. I hope the seller does the right thing and if not I hope the moderators do the right thing.

I've lost my *** on shipping a couple of times. Once I punched in 5 pounds instead of 35 pounds on the Fedex calculator and didn't catch it until after the deal was done and paid. My mistake, so my loss. I didn't even tell the buyer, much less short him. But that's just me..

Sold a couple of carbs on ebay I put shipping $50.
Calif buyer insurance $89, ate it. MODF!

Last edited:
I've lost my *** on shipping a couple of times. Once I punched in 5 pounds instead of 35 pounds on the Fedex calculator and didn't catch it until after the deal was done and paid. My mistake, so my loss. I didn't even tell the buyer, much less short him. But that's just me..
If you made that mistake say on E bay i guess you'd be on the hook for the money......If you made that mistake here on the forum you should have called the guy and explained your mistake and he should have sent you the extra money. Were all forum members here supposedly helping each other. Had you sold that part to me and not told me you made a mistake and ate the shipping, id be annoyed at you. I dont want nothing from anybody for free, pay my own way thank you.

Recently sold a sway bar to a member here, we agreed on $165 shipped. I had no idea what shipping costs was going to be. Turns out it cost me about $90 to ship the sway bar with all mounting hardware and bushings. I didn't take the initiative to only send the sway bar and not the bushings and links because he didn't state they needed them. I was disappointed because I didn't make as much as expected but that's my fault not the buyers, live and learn. I hope the seller does the right thing and if not I hope the moderators do the right thing.

I've done the same more than once and ate it. I've also seen that the seller lost his *** on shipping after I received the part and I contacted them to make an adjustment.

I just lost out on a bunch of parts when the buyer didn't disclose the shipping. When he quoted me the shipping cost, I had to bail. It mostly had to do with the size of the box being used. He understood and just reposted his add. He ended up getting twice what he was asking originally, so it worked out for the best. Shipping cost have gotten out of hand!

I've done the same, misjudged on shipping and ate it. A true car guy will help another out like that.

I've done the same more than once and ate it. I've also seen that the seller lost his *** on shipping after I received the part and I contacted them to make an adjustment.

I just lost out on a bunch of parts when the buyer didn't disclose the shipping. When he quoted me the shipping cost, I had to bail. It mostly had to do with the size of the box being used. He understood and just reposted his add. He ended up getting twice what he was asking originally, so it worked out for the best. Shipping cost have gotten out of hand!
Yeah, no ****. In 2015 i wanted to order a sheet of 4' x 8' x 1/4" transparent amber plexiglass. Was around 225.00. The quote was over 600.00 w/ shipping! Shipping two times the product. From San Diego to Homeland, just 80 miles.

If been watching to see if things would be worked out but it sounds like he believes he didn't do anything wrong. Sad!

Exactly why I spent $20 on a used postal scale from Craigslist. Best money I ever spent.

if we all donate a dollar, we can fix this, and have enough left over for a beer

Ha, beer is a delicious solution to most of life's problems!

Seriously though, this is the exact same treatment I already got from the seller - basically, "This is all you're getting, screw you." I don't know what if anything admin is doing about this, but buyer beware. This guy is an asshole, and with that kind of attitude I'm sure I'm not the first or last person that he's screwed over.

That said, I'm washing my hands of this mess. Anyone else have Coronet parts for sale??

First off, your selling parts to other members here correct? So your making some money off of the FBBO forum. Do the right thing which in this case would be send the administrator 40 dollars and support the forum as a Gold member. The other fact is this and again please be clear when you sold this guy the glove box door with the hinge plus shipping which is determined by you did you give him a discount for not sending the door itself or did you take it upon yourself to not send it regardless of what he said. Because if he paid in full for the item as a whole, door and hinge, you owe him the door, and you should pay the shipping. If he received a discount because he did not take the door and the shipping was only for the hinge, you owe him nothing.......So what is it? Ive bought items from members here and never had a issue. Agreed upon a price and told them let me know the shipping cost. When they replied can or i want to do family and friends and avoid paying Pay pal costs, i told them no. I did tell them simply add on the amount you have to pay, pay pal and i will include the extra. If they didn't i figured it out and often sent a few dollars extra to make sure i covered the cost. I work very hard physically for my money and I'm no kid but i dont nickel and dime people or try and save a few pennies on there back. Neither should anyone else. Period.

First off, your selling parts to other members here correct? So your making some money off of the FBBO forum. Do the right thing which in this case would be send the administrator 40 dollars and support the forum as a Gold member. The other fact is this and again please be clear when you sold this guy the glove box door with the hinge plus shipping which is determined by you did you give him a discount for not sending the door itself or did you take it upon yourself to not send it regardless of what he said. Because if he paid in full for the item as a whole, door and hinge, you owe him the door, and you should pay the shipping. If he received a discount because he did not take the door and the shipping was only for the hinge, you owe him nothing.......So what is it? Ive bought items from members here and never had a issue. Agreed upon a price and told them let me know the shipping cost. When they replied can or i want to do family and friends and avoid paying Pay pal costs, i told them no. I did tell them simply add on the amount you have to pay, pay pal and i will include the extra. If they didn't i figured it out and often sent a few dollars extra to make sure i covered the cost. I work very hard physically for my money and I'm no kid but i dont nickel and dime people or try and save a few pennies on there back. Neither should anyone else. Period.
There we go agreeing again Steve lol, I'm on board, this guy owes him some money or a door!

Maybe some day we'll have us a beer or two or more and BS on all the things we do agree about. We can start with women and finish up with politics. I figure by the politics time we'll or at least i will be so blitzed nobody will care anymore LOL!!

Auto Transport Service
Back