• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Cam bolts ! Let’s see them

Purepony

Local time
12:06 PM
Reaction score
Let’s talk about camber adjusting bolts. I’d like to see some pictures of the way you have your set up if possible.

I’ve been doing a little bit of reading and from my understanding. the upper control arm front needs to push out and the rear of the upper control arm needs to push in for maximum camber.

Is there anyway to be able to tell if somethings wrong or what to look for?

I’d like to know if everybody’s following this because I seem to follow that adjustment and it appears the left has (pass) positive camber and the driver has negative camber.

Thanks everyone this is for a Challenger but I’m assuming the process is similar?

Caster and camber are adjusted with those eccentrics. It is not as simple as all out front. And all in rear. For max caster. The camber needs to be set and this will make the bolts not all the way in or out. The. Your side to side caster must be close or it will pull.

every car is different so looking at someone else’s bolt position doesn’t mean much to yours, or mine, or that one over there.

See that’s what I’m confused. I see a lot of threads and suggestions about pushing the front out and the rear end because it tends to rotate the control arm so to say

What I wanted to see was if everybody’s running a similar position or if they’re all completely different and off

FWIW I always set the cams for maximum caster while assembling after a rebuild... Then I take the car to my friend Dwayne & have him finalize the alignment... Yes you can have them change a fair amount from there but IMO it's better to start at max caster so the tech isn't tempted to decide good enough when he's leaving caster on the table...

And Dwayne appreciates it... He knows I know enough to make his job easier..

He sets Camber & balances Caster while keeping as much caster as the vehicle will allow...

^^^ If you need or want them Brand New, I have them... they are Not expensive...
P.M. me as per forum rules, if interested....

Auto Transport Service
Back