• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Camaro or Mustang?

Back in the day Mustang owners used to remove the Braces under the hood . The front end would sag inward , causing Neg Camber.
I can't tell you how many Mustangs, I had to spread to get them back in specs. It was a regular thing.

and the sh***y Control arm bushings, Metal on metal. The power steering that hung down with hoses. upper ball joints.
Just Junk.
Yup...they were pretty weak cars and could not take the abuse that an 'A' body Mopar would take. It took me about 3 years to figure that out and started selling them off and paying more attention to my Mopars.

I think because of the attitude most Ford people have.
I ran into that too and especially so when I joined the Houston Mustang Owners Association. The Shelby club changed a lot of stuff and many of the members left and when to the Mustang club and they were the most arrogant car people I ever met!

I got to where I do not do any club functions or association on the average. I find the forums a better place for idea and technical information exchange. For the very few times I will venture to a show other than a swap meet it is usually a cruise in where my appointed time of arrival and departure is of my choosing. The only club I ever belonged to that were not stuffy was the Porsche gang. Ihave some 14 British cars...I attend one meet at the request of a friend who was a member..the gang drove to the local pub in late model J-cars and talked about what shop was doing what work to their cars..this I could not identify with in any manner so that shut that door. I am a hands on type...check writing is needed in some instances of expertise..but for every aspect of ownership..sorry...not me..color me out of there.

my 1st. car was a 68 Mustang with a 289 auto, so i'm partial to the stangs. would take one over the Camaro, especially if it was a fb.

my uncle has a 69 z/28 w #'s matching 396 (sitting in the garage) 4spd has a crate 454 in it now. Rallye Blue w/ white hockey stripe

Every 69 Z/28 had a 302 small block, engine code DZ. If it was a 396 it wasn't a Z/28. Maybe an SS?

I had a 99 cobra convertible back in 99 thru 04. I beat the piss out of that car and the only thing I ever replaced on it were the tires. 110000k miles of high speeds, engine braking and tire smoking and when I sold it, it was as strong as the day I bought it. The engine braking was so common for me I never even needed to replace the brakes. LOL

I've had Both & in many different configurations... if I was to buy another a 67-71 Camaro SS, RS or Z28 with a DZ 302 {67-69 Firebird 400 is better looking & fun too}, or a LT-1, or any BB 396-427... Mustangs 69-70 Boss 302 or maybe a 67-68 Fastback/sport roof BB car, maybe a 69-70 Mach-1 351c or 428scj would all be cool cars to own {I like the 66-67 Fairlane GTA/BB much more thou}... I can't stand the notchbacks or Fox body cars of any year or anything from 71-2003 in the Mustang, but have owned many of those years of Camaros & Trans Ams, they were the only real performance cars from those later years IMHFO anyway, unless your a Vette guy {I have owned a few 62 tube cahssis racecar, 65 396 425hp great cruiser, 68 427 390hp, 70 454 all BB cars}, which I'm really not into gold chains & silk shirts, like most that crowd is...LOL... The Mustang guys were kind of squirrelly dudes, loved blowing them away, they were a strange crowd at-least where I was....

- - - Updated - - -

IF you had to chose between the two which would you pick?

Exposing the furd and chebby lovers, nice move, now round them all up for the re edgumacation camp!

no just car lovers period, Mopar is still my 1st Love is & will always be my favorite, that doesn't mean you can't like something else... I'm an equal opportunity car lover & all around performance/muscle car guy, with out blinders on...LOL... I've owned & like many makes/models, from Buicks Olds Fords AMCs Chevys Pontiacs Cadillacs Jags MGs Triumphs Porsches {Toyotas 4x4's & early Datsuns pick-ups even} Jeeps Mercedes's VW's Mopars among a few others, I'm probably leaving out... I worked in & around dealerships for over 30 years... but only love Mopars

Just about everyone on this board has sold a car and regretted it later. I've done it a few times over the years. The worst mistake I made was selling a 67 Z28 Camaro back in the early 70s. Back then we didn't think that Z28 was any big deal. My wife was using it for a daily driver. I got tired of constantly fixing it and after our daughter was born we sold it for a few K and bought a more practical family car. Little did we realize that the rarity of this car (only 500+ were built in 67) would drive the price through the roof. Nice examples are rarely for sale and when they are they usually sell for 100K+. Like to have that car back. Live and learn.

I've had Both & in many different configurations... if I was to buy another a 67-71 Camaro SS, RS or Z28 with a DZ 302 {67-69 Firebird 400 is better looking & fun too}, or a LT-1, or any BB 396-427... Mustangs 69-70 Boss 302 or maybe a 67-68 Fastback/sport roof BB car, maybe a 69-70 Mach-1 351c or 428scj would all be cool cars to own {I like the 66-67 Fairlane GTA/BB much more thou}... I can't stand the notchbacks or Fox body cars of any year or anything from 71-2003 in the Mustang, but have owned many of those years of Camaros & Trans Ams, they were the only real performance cars from those later years IMHFO anyway, unless your a Vette guy {I have owned a few 62 tube cahssis racecar, 65 396 425hp great cruiser, 68 427 390hp, 70 454 all BB cars}, which I'm really not into gold chains & silk shirts, like most that crowd is...LOL... The Mustang guys were kind of squirrelly dudes, loved blowing them away, they were a strange crowd at-least where I was....

- - - Updated - - -

no just car lovers period, Mopar is still my 1st Love is & will always be my favorite, that doesn't mean you can't like something else... I'm an equal opportunity car lover & all around performance/muscle car guy, with out blinders on...LOL... I've owned & like many makes/models, from Buicks Olds Fords AMCs Chevys Pontiacs Cadillacs Jags MGs Triumphs Porsches {Toyotas 4x4's & early Datsuns pick-ups even} Jeeps Mercedes's VW's Mopars among a few others, I'm probably leaving out... I worked in & around dealerships for over 30 years... but only love Mopars

no comprende!!! furds and chebbys do taste like chicken

Re-edgumacation camp for you! reoprt imediately!

repeat after me moooPAR say 100 times an hour, your home work for the day, due monday am. continued use of the words ford and chevy will be punishable with death by unga bunga

- - - Updated - - -

repeat after me moooPAR say 100 times an hour, your home work for the day, due monday am. continued use of the words ford and chevy will be punishable with death by unga bunga

LMFAO JB!!!

since Sonny does not care for Camaros:eusa_silenced:, Firechickens:angryfire:, etc......
I would take a mustang:eusa_eh:

- - - Updated - - -

Um...let's see. Henry Ford wouldn't have gotten off the ground if it weren't for the Dodge Brothers lending him cash and manufacturing all the early Fords. GM would probably have gone out of business if Walter Chrysler, while head of the Buick division, hadn't made it profitable while every other GM division was foundering.

So really, they're all mopars, or owe something to a Chrysler division somewhere down the line. :)

I would take a Mustang over a Camaro [I hate the retro ones] just plain ugly [jmo]. I'm an all around car lover [not a car bigot] I have owned many brands and my wish list is littered with different makes/models, BUT I prefer Mopars. My and my wife's favorite modern muscle car is a 392 Challenger [she carries a picture in her wallet]!!!!!

This

mump_0902_01_z+1968_mustang_gt_fastback+front_view.jpg

No chevy's for me! Definitely a Mustang!

Attachments

• mustang.jpg
    mustang.jpg
    38.8 KB · Views: 173
Um...let's see. Henry Ford wouldn't have gotten off the ground if it weren't for the Dodge Brothers lending him cash and manufacturing all the early Fords. GM would probably have gone out of business if Walter Chrysler, while head of the Buick division, hadn't made it profitable while every other GM division was foundering.

So really, they're all mopars, or owe something to a Chrysler division somewhere down the line. :)

well said, interesting I never thought of it, in that way, Hummmm that's food for thought....

- - - Updated - - -

I would take a Mustang over a Camaro [I hate the retro ones] just plain ugly [jmo]. I'm an all around car lover [not a car bigot] I have owned many brands and my wish list is littered with different makes/models, BUT I prefer Mopars. My and my wife's favorite modern muscle car is a 392 Challenger [she carries a picture in her wallet]!!!!!

yeah the new Camaros are Fugly unless they are in Pro-Stock or Pro-Mod form, then they are just tolerable...LOL...

Auto Transport Service
Back