• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Camber on a '73 charger

Wow! I knew about the isolator bushings and the different BB and SB inner fenders, but not all the rest. The 74 is the newest "classic" I've owned. My history is mostly 66-67 B a 70 Super Bee, 73 Duster and a 73 Challenger.

Thanks for sharing.

Rear of uca in gives pos caster; then move front for camber( straight edge vertical on tire with angle detector). You may have to bring rear out to get camber correct(darn, lost some caster). Tape measure from tread front and back of both tires, set toe-in. I have done that, and freaked out the alignment guy when I took it in, he said it was so close...

Yup, used to get mine real close by feel and a tape measure.

Once you do it on a machine about three times, you get a real good feel for how they work, and how' they're supposed to be. Then you almost don't need the machine.

Where do the shims go again? :):):)

With all the new cars, the only adjustment there is now is "toe". I work at a factory, and that is all we set. Caster is fixed, and camber is now set by how much your McPherson struts have sagged!

Auto Transport Service
Back