• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Can a glove box lock be re-keyed?

bth0320

Local time
12:07 PM
Reaction score
can the glove door lock be re-keyed? Hard to tell if this thing comes apart and a new one (at least from year one) is outrageously expensive. Unfortunately, mine is stuck in the lock position although I do have it out of the car. Thanks, Brian

You should be able to take it to a locksmith and have them re-key it for you. That is probably going to be much cheaper than ordering a new one and other damage you may cause trying to get the old one out without having a key for it.

I'd say bring it to a lock smith. They were originally keyed to match the first couple of bumps on the trunk key, so a decent smith should be able to do it. I've been meaning to do mine but I'm so paranoid about mine being broken into, I dont ever lock it (I'd rather they steal my mini fire extinguisher than destroy my dash getting to it.)

Auto Transport Service
Back