• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Can anyone identify this drum

Baller

Local time
2:07 PM
Reaction score
The Dana under my '70 GTX is a 68-69. The car has A32 axle package. Does anyone have any idea what these drums are from originally? I tried comparing to images on Year One etc...I'm not sure if I want to try and track down proper backing plates and all associated hardware to convert to a '70 set up. Thanks.
20181027_104055.jpg

They fit and measure 11". I'm just after what the 1970 set up should be with disc brakes up fronts.

So these measure at 11". So would be from a front drum car originally. I had read that 11" drums had fins, evidently not true.

11 inch, plain rear brake drums were used on early b bodies, and they were still listed in the 1969 parts book. I'm not sure when B bodies got finned drums.

Thanks for the info. I'm thinking that I should have posted this somewhere else in order to get more exposure. Looks like it's you and me.

My 67 R/T and 68 GTX both had the drums you have there. Both cars are 8 3/4" rear however. Both measured 11x2.5" rear and 11x3" on the front. 67 is a power brake car.

Not sure if Dana 60 or later years meant finned drums.

There should be some dates cast into those drums if they're original.

Is it possible that only the front factory drums would be finned. From my little Mopar experience that's what I have seen.

The Dana under my '70 GTX is a 68-69. The car has A32 axle package. Does anyone have any idea what these drums are from originally? I tried comparing to images on Year One etc...I'm not sure if I want to try and track down proper backing plates and all associated hardware to convert to a '70 set up. Thanks.View attachment 673213
Baller, the drum you have on the floor there is a big drum off of an early b-body, I have a pair just like them on the front of my 64 Bel. it was a 426-w car, they got the big fronts standard, 383 police cars of 64,65, were also the big brakes. I broke one once 40 yrs ago and was away from home had to use a drum from a 66 chrysler wagon(was smooth) back spacing was a little different but it worked, my 67 gtx had the big drums also and had the finned drums. my car always stopped really well, once!! and after that it was skechy, (panic stops) Dave,

Auto Transport Service
Back