• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Can anyone tell me what the Thread/pitch on 1971 Charger Steering column shaft is?

thanks for the compliment. I have just taken off about 500 in my life. tomorrow I will take a thread gauge and check my 68 RR column as it is in the floor.
pt in Tennessee

Still need a damn nut !!

Anyone got one lying around they can part with?
Please ??

Mike.

:notworthy:

ANY good local fastener store should have a 1/2" SAE "jam nut"

This reminds me of a story from long ago, and wish I'd kept it. Local kid and I were friends, small town, he worked at the local Chrysler dealer, very very small. I went down there after work, we were going to "do something."

He was finishing up putting service bulletins in a binder. One was ONE sheet, and listed a few models, this was mid--70's. What this basically said was "the nut behind the wheel" was METRIC on affected models.

For some reason I always found that comical

Like this ::

http://www.jegs.com/i/JEGS+Performance+Products/555/82754/10002/-1

Right hand ? I'll try these..

Mike..

ANY good local fastener store should have a 1/2" SAE "jam nut"

This reminds me of a story from long ago, and wish I'd kept it. Local kid and I were friends, small town, he worked at the local Chrysler dealer, very very small. I went down there after work, we were going to "do something."

He was finishing up putting service bulletins in a binder. One was ONE sheet, and listed a few models, this was mid--70's. What this basically said was "the nut behind the wheel" was METRIC on affected models.

For some reason I always found that comical

Auto Transport Service
Back