• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

CAN IT BE SAVED ? Any 1 have luck getting parts replaced ??

ma mopar nutz

Local time
8:32 AM
Reaction score
Hi all I just received my big tin order from AMD ! Got the huge boxes in the shop opened them up goin threw all the parts checking for damage and so on and all is looking good then I get to the drivers side full quarter panel and this is what I find a huge cease in it and a dent wheel well lip ! Now I know most of you will say this happened during shipping witch is very possible but the packaging shows absolutely no damage?!? So with the evidence I have pics a lot of them I sent AMD an email with pics in tow and I'm waiting on the last freight company that handled my order to call back I had a total of 3 freight company's handle my shipment ! So has anyone gone threw something similar as me and did you get your parts replaced or did you get hosed and have to buy them again ?? Please any help or suggestions is appreciated I would hate to have to buy another quarter for it! :icon_cry: IMG_20140224_151424_999.jpg

I had an issue with some truck bed sides. Too bad you didn't open those in front of the carrier.
I filed a claim and had my sides a couple days later.

I'm not a body guy but my guess is that you'll probably spend more time/money getting that crease out than just getting a new one.

Without any indication of physical damage on the packaging ... Good luck with the freight companies.

Fed-Ex delivered a full floor pan from AMD (Tamraz) and the driver had me open the box before I signed the receipt. Of course if you did not see any damage to the box, anyone would assume the part inside was okay. My box was taped together as if it had to be made to fit my floor pan and it looked horrible.

UPS no better I guess. Just got some panels from YearOne. By the time I got to the door to find the side of the box was caved in the UPS driver was already back in his van. I waved at him and pointed to the box. He waves back, hits the gas, then he's gone! Fortunately nothing damaged.

Attachments

• 69PanelDeliv.jpg
    69PanelDeliv.jpg
    37.1 KB · Views: 813
I'm thinking someone owes you a new quarter panel. When my big order of AMD stuff came from 521 Restorations, Jeff told me several times to unpack and inspect everything before the driver leaves. I got lucky and the young truck driver thought my project was pretty cool. He helped me unpack 2 pallets of metal, talking about old cars the whole time.

yes jeff told me the very same thing ! but as luck would have it my wife was not home when my order came so im watching the kids and have to help get this tin unloaded !! so needless to say kinda hard to go threw a huge order when you have a 2 year old and a new born to take care of ! so needless to say I layed into her for not being home when she was supposed to be and me not being able to unpack my shipment ! yea that went over really good lol !!

yes jeff told me the very same thing ! but as luck would have it my wife was not home when my order came so im watching the kids and have to help get this tin unloaded !! so needless to say kinda hard to go threw a huge order when you have a 2 year old and a new born to take care of ! so needless to say I layed into her for not being home when she was supposed to be and me not being able to unpack my shipment ! yea that went over really good lol !!

I know all about how young kids change your plans in a hurry - wouldn't change it for anything though. I don't know if I would be causing waves with your wife too much yet, as this project is just getting underway lol.

LOL...that's always a losing argument, they will never understand, you will never have as much time watching/taking care of the kids as them {in their minds anyway, true or not} unless they are a true car gal, it will never change either... good luck with all of it...
Bring the kids out in the garage, I always did when I was working, mine all loved it out there or I wouldn't have ever got anything done, on any of my cars, way back when...

that sucks hope they replace with no hassles keep us posted

yea I bring my son out cant get a lot done with him out their!! but hope he will be helping me in a few years think he will loves my cars and my dads stuff ! he craws in the gtx im doin now and steares like hes goin to town I will ask him where hes going to and he says (goin to a party) ! lol gotta love a 2 year olds answers lol

- - - Updated - - -

that sucks hope they replace with no hassles keep us posted

will do mailed off my claim form and pics to the shipping company on Friday hope to hear something by the end of next week fingers crossed !!

When you do talk to AMD and UPS you might want to leave the, unpacked it in front of a 2 year old, out of the equation.

I know all about how young kids change your plans in a hurry - wouldn't change it for anything though. I don't know if I would be causing waves with your wife too much yet, as this project is just getting underway lol.

yes very true don't need to make her mad other wise my parts money might dry up real fast !! :icon_thumbdown:

Hope you get replaced from shipper, I just finally received the other 2 tires I bought from someone on e-bay, UPS lost 2 of the 4 for a month, carrier came to door with two and took off I chased him down the street and said where is the other two, he shrugged said dont know. had to have seller start claim process with UPS and they say it takes about two weeks minimum to start lost package process, three weeks later I call and bark at them again and low and behold they find them in their lost and found in ohio, so after another week I finally have all four tires not much faith in UPS..:angry1:

Hope you get replaced from shipper, I just finally received the other 2 tires I bought from someone on e-bay, UPS lost 2 of the 4 for a month, carrier came to door with two and took off I chased him down the street and said where is the other two, he shrugged said dont know. had to have seller start claim process with UPS and they say it takes about two weeks minimum to start lost package process, three weeks later I call and bark at them again and low and behold they find them in their lost and found in ohio, so after another week I finally have all four tires not much faith in UPS..:angry1:

How frustrating but I can understand how things like this happen being a truck driver for 15 years I have seen and heard some crazy stories about freight !!

I`ve had nothing but bad luck with UPS ,will not use them for anything ,sorry to hear you had bad luck with also ,yes it can be repaired but make them replace it ,if it was the one and only it could be repaired

Yea these days a package is handled by so many hands that its a wonder more stuff isn't lost !! And that's coming from a truck driver ! LOL :no:

I had ordered a bunch of panels from AMD and everything arrived intact. The only issue i had was the front fender i got from AMD for my 69 RR just doesn't fit that great. My body guy advised i fix the original rather than trying to make the repop work. Other than that the quarters i received went on fine.

Well heard from AMD and of course they claim their is no way it left the factory like this so I hang up the phone with them and call the shipper ! O what a F*@kin joke when I first filed my claim I was in contact with the main office of brown shipping in Kearney Nebraska and that is where I sent my claim info pics and had been in contact with someone in claims in the Kearney office ! So I call yesterday and this is what I get ( sir you do not live in the area that our Kearney office services you need to contact our Omaha office ) ????? So then I ask well did you forward my info to that office ?? I get well I'm not sure but you need to contact that branch ! Holy cow this is a nightmare so the wait and hoping goes on will keep all posted but one thing I know for sure I will never give BROWN TRANSFER any more of my business !

Auto Transport Service
Back