• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Canadian members question.

Roger63

Local time
4:15 AM
Reaction score
I recently had a conversation with a car flipper about tracking history of these old cars. I know my car came from Saskatchewan. Do any of you know who to contact to get the owner history from?
Thanks

You would need to get the former owners name and go from there.
The dealership name. Just your basic snooping for starters. Man might still be kicking. Does it really matter?
I doubt the MVD would have any records from back then. If you could get owners name and dug hard enough, you might find something out.

You would need to get the former owners name and go from there.
The dealership name. Just your basic snooping for starters. Man might still be kicking. Does it really matter?
I doubt the MVD would have any records from back then. If you could get owners name and dug hard enough, you might find something out.
Thanks, I really wanted to get the opinion of someone that lives up there rather than take the word of a flipper. But he told me that each province keeps a record of vehicles previous owners. I was attempting to try and find the original engine. Just a shot in the dark.

A business or government agency will not give out personal info due to privacy laws
if you know the name maybe but it out there and someone maybe knows who he is

I can walk into Service Ontario and request a "sellers package" for any of my cars. It will list every owner in Ontario right back to the '80's. Now what you can get after the vehicle has been removed from the Canadian registry I don't know..

A business or government agency will not give out personal info due to privacy laws
if you know the name maybe but it out there and someone maybe knows who he is
I do have the name and phone number and name, I've spoken with him and he was kind of rude and not willing to assist. Not that big of deal.

I was quite surprised when I bought my car and had the Ontario list of all the owners
Saskatchewan will not do that,all previous ownership is privacy unless you know someone who knows someone

I can walk into Service Ontario and request a "sellers package" for any of my cars. It will list every owner in Ontario right back to the '80's. Now what you can get after the vehicle has been removed from the Canadian registry I don't know..
Not only can you get one for your cars, but you can get one for any VIN you give them, for the $20 fee of course. So much for confidentiallity!

I was quite surprised when I bought my car and had the Ontario list of all the owners
Saskatchewan will not do that,all previous ownership is privacy unless you know someone who knows someone
Well that puts me out, I don't know anybody up there.

I was from Saskatchewan up till a year ago and I am sure there are others on here if you will give more info on the car or owners

yes funny how different provinces few the privacy law

I was from Saskatchewan up till a year ago and I am sure there are others on here if you will give more info on the car or owners

yes funny how different provinces few the privacy law
I will dig it up in the morning.
Thanks

I'm just wondering what the big deal is about someone finding out who a previous owner was. Maybe its like
"Hey, did you own this car back in '71?"
"Yeah, I did. Why?"
"DAD !!!"

I'm just wondering what the big deal is about someone finding out who a previous owner was. Maybe its like
"Hey, did you own this car back in '71?"
"Yeah, I did. Why?"
"DAD !!!"
I don't care who owned it, I'm trying to find the numbers matching engine if possible. I do know it was gone when it came to the states.

Throw us a bone here. What area, what kind of car. What color was it in the nineties lol.
I've found another guys coronet already

Give us the last four digits of the VIN at least. I know that I have a very cool HP 383 out of a 70 Charger with the VIN ending in 223344. If somebody ever posted that up, i would be happy to help them reunite the pair.

On the original question; SGI. Saskatchewan government insurance.

Throw us a bone here. What area, what kind of car. What color was it in the nineties lol.
I've found another guys coronet already
Screenshot_20230331_212038_Chrome.jpg

WS23L9A284845
1969 dodge coronet rt T5 Bronze came out of Saskatchewan, I will get the exact town in a.m. as it is in the filing cabinet out in the shop.

Last edited:
Alright so it's s 69 hp 440 you're after. Have to sleep on that. Dad just sold one, but didn't come from around here.

Roger, I think you took a good shot in posting your inquiry here. In the digital age, this site is a great resource for sending the ripples across the pond. In earlier posts, I've mentioned getting connected with cars from my past by word of mouth, which is how the histories of all my GTXs have been dug up. Government records seem to be a dead end for the most part because of the privacy issues. Interesting that Ontario seems to be the exception that proves the rule.

One thing I've noticed over 50 years of chasing these things, is that if a car passed through private parties back in the day, rather being traded at a dealership, there seems to be a better chance of tracking the history. An irony of my current GTX was that there was no living prior owner who knew the history of the car's first 15 years. That's because it was the dealer's personal car, and he never revealed the information when he sold the car off the lot in 1983. I filled in the history when I acquired it, took photos back in the day to prove it.

Auto Transport Service
Back