• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Car Craft Summer Nationals in Minnesota July 20

gocubzgo

Local time
10:22 PM
Reaction score
Anyone been to St. Paul in the last few years? Curious as to your impressions of the facilities and events at this show. Are the Mopars well represented, or is this mostly GM and Fords? Interested in checking out the autocross event, and it is about half the distance to Carlisle for me.

I have been many times. I haven't attended in a few years, because it was getting lame.
Too many newer cars and low riders for me. They let anybody in now, if you have a Geo Metro rusted from the windows down, they'll let you in.

It used to be a great show. There are still some cool cars there, but not as many as there used to be.

Don't get me wrong, if you haven't experienced it once for yourself, you should go, just don't expect to be blown away. Maybe I'm just numb to it all, I used to go every year for many, many years.

Keep in mind, this is just one guys opinion. :grin:

Attachments

• No-Go-Geo-Metro.jpg
    No-Go-Geo-Metro.jpg
    116 KB · Views: 125
I have been many times. I haven't attended in a few years, because it was getting lame.
Too many newer cars and low riders for me. They let anybody in now, if you have a Geo Metro rusted from the windows down, they'll let you in.

It used to be a great show. There are still some cool cars there, but not as many as there used to be.

Don't get me wrong, if you haven't experienced it once for yourself, you should go, just don't expect to be blown away. Maybe I'm just numb to it all, I used to go every year for many, many years.

Keep in mind, this is just one guys opinion. :grin:

Thanks for your thoughts. I was attending the Car Craft Street Machine Nationals in the early 1980's when they were held at the Indy Fairgrounds, and later in DuQuoin, IL. Always had a good time, but I was easily impressed and usually drunk and foolish in those days. I do remember thinking even back in the 80's that it was getting to be about 60% GM and 30% Ford, with the remaining 10% being Mopar or "other".
Apparently others felt the same, because the Mopar Nationals came about from a few guys who got together and decided to form a Mopars only show to deal with the shortage of the Pentastars at events like the CCSMN.
I am still kicking around going to Carlisle, and definitely going to Monster Mopars at Indy in September. Probably going to the Mopar Nats in Columbus as well.
Maybe for my all makes show I should just attend the Good Guys show when they roll through, and scratch the St Paul trip off the agenda for this year.

Auto Transport Service
Back