• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Car Sale Moral Dilemma (opinions needed)

she wants it gone. she has no love for cars.classic or otherwise. the money is whats important to her.

Keep her happy and sell it.
Happy wife........
Besides who wants a Tupper Ware car anyway ? :)

she wants it gone. she has no love for cars.classic or otherwise. the money is whats important to her.
Somehow,,, I already knew that answer,lol. AND, why are you marrying her? ( high maintenance- wives & Mopars)

78 Lil' Red Express faster than a 78 'Vette. Vette was like 190 hp, that one cant be too different. Let it go for whatever you can get.

Women control 100 % of the p×$$y. And 80 % of the money. Don't worry, be happy.

If you've been offered 18k by the collector, please agree to it and ask him to get that gigantic piece of fiberglass out of there asap. Please and thank you and good night. :p

Well I decided the karma was worth the slight price drop. Agreed to 16k with the original owners son! He’s driving up this weekend from Tennessee!

Well I decided the karma was worth the slight price drop. Agreed to 16k with the original owners son! He’s driving up this weekend from Tennessee!

Good. I think you are doing the right thing!

Glad he came close, made it an easy decision.

I'm a member of a car club here in the UK and one of our members sold his car. Guy bought it with a sob story, desperate for the car, wanted one all his life, but couldn't stretch to the asking price but would do everything he could to make it an easy sale etc. Our club member is a nice guy, likes cars and appreciates he is lucky to be relatively comfortable and so went along with this guy. Ended up doing all kinds of things to help the buyer out, and guess what. He turned out to be a dealer.

I'm sentimental so think you've done the right thing but don't get taken for a ride :)

I'm a member of a car club here in the UK and one of our members sold his car. Guy bought it with a sob story, desperate for the car, wanted one all his life, but couldn't stretch to the asking price but would do everything he could to make it an easy sale etc. Our club member is a nice guy, likes cars and appreciates he is lucky to be relatively comfortable and so went along with this guy. Ended up doing all kinds of things to help the buyer out, and guess what. He turned out to be a dealer.

I'm sentimental so think you've done the right thing but don't get taken for a ride :)
I was certainly skeptical and also not afraid to tell him no if he shows up with a dime less than 16k. I did do my research though. I found The original owners obituary and did pass away in may and when talking to the son he said his dad sold it to start a the shop he owns and runs now. Well I looked up the website for the shop and low and behold it says established 1988, the year of the sale to my father in laws friend who ten years after that sold it to my father in law. And I didn’t need my bachelors in psychology to recognize the absolute joy in the guys voice when I agreed to meet him on price. At this point I’m pretty convinced the car is going to the right place, that or this guy is A really REALLY good con artist lolol but I’m leaning towards the former haha
Thanks to all of you for your input

Haven't read the entire thread but I have to disagree with those posted values.

WAY, WAAAY high!

If it had under 1000 miles- maybe.

Those are the least valuable of all (excepting the L-82 option) with the possible exception of the 84.

I see good drivers for under 5K, and super nice ones at 10-12.

I even passed on a black/silver pace car 4 peed priced at 6500.

Haven't read the entire thread but I have to disagree with those posted values.

WAY, WAAAY high!

If it had under 1000 miles- maybe.

Those are the least valuable of all (excepting the L-82 option) with the possible exception of the 84.

I see good drivers for under 5K, and super nice ones at 10-12.

I even passed on a black/silver pace car 4 peed priced at 6500.
Welp you just saw this one go for 16k but thanks for the expert opinion

...to the original owners son...can't put a price on sentiment...

...does not reflect actual value of car...

you're welcome

...to the original owners son...can't put a price on sentiment...

...does not reflect actual value of car...

you're welcome
I posted the Nada values.... If you read the whole thread you would have seen that. But I guess that was too much work

I had to take a few pics so I could at least always say I was a corvette owner! Haha she looks pretty good for 41 years old and unrestored

E7DE4476-1C5D-4EDE-A611-8BCF747FB3A5.jpeg 8520FE52-C1E9-425B-8E72-D72E421482B1.jpeg 83139F64-EF09-47E9-82E8-8F7F4ACAD188.jpeg

I am glad it worked out. I think you did the right thing.
Now, can we get back to Mopars? I'm having bowtie nightmares from this thread.

Auto Transport Service
Back