• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

carb size suggestions for 440 stroker engine

Yep, should have researched more before the build.......couple others have suggested dual plane as well......thanks

It'll make it a closer combo, with the dual plane a bigger carb will also work well.

I would try running with the parts you have in hand. If this engine will be run in on a dyno see if you can get time on it to tune. They may have different shop carbs to run, see what the engine likes then go with that setup. Follow the builders advice. It will run strong, whether it fits your expectations that is harder to say over the net. Just have to get it in the car and run it.

I would try running with the parts you have in hand. If this engine will be run in on a dyno see if you can get time on it to tune. They may have different shop carbs to run, see what the engine likes then go with that setup. Follow the builders advice. It will run strong, whether it fits your expectations that is harder to say over the net. Just have to get it in the car and run it.

i disagree, I think the builder missed the mark for the intended use of the engine. It's a street motor with a street cam. That cam is a low rpm piece in a 500ci in motor. With the big heads I think the best way to get some low rpm tractability back is a different intake. That's making the best of his other parts without re-engineering the whole thing. Ideally a standard port window would have worked well with the intended use. I have a Indy single plane sitting on a 493 I built out in the garage. It's a big piece.

Last edited:
Auto Transport Service
Back