• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Carlisle Tent Activities 2023 - Help Requested!

It has never been 112* in Pa. You must have been in the sun too long............Maybe feels like but not actual.
Go ahead prove me wrong. 111* in July 1936 was the highest in Pa. ever.

The thermometer read 112 degrees. August 1995.

The thermometer read 112 degrees. August 1995.
Drove to that one in my '62 Imperial with dual air conditioning, so I didn't suffer too badly.

7D662DD9-BA51-4CDF-9725-9BC179F50C09.jpeg

In all seriousness, if you've been in this hobby (especially Mopars) for any period of time you know the
name Roger Gibson (along with his partner and friend Frank Badalson).
There's very few names/resto businesses out there that actually add money to the value his does to a finished
restoration. It's important to have people like him in a given hobby like this - a bona fide expert other prominent
players in the game confide in.
He keeps at least a two year backlog going in his shop on full restorations and won't sign up for any beyond that
window, plus the usual smaller jobs for less than restorations as well - and unlike Worman, he doesn't feel the need
to blow his own horn. He lets his shops' reputation do that for him.
All due respect for someone who refuses to do anything other than the best work possible...
Doesn't matter if I ever can afford it, I can recognize the need for that level in our hobby.

This show included the first time I have stopped by the FBBO tent, it won't be the last. The folks I met were terrific and very welcoming. I know that it is a lot of work to put something like this together...impressive.

Thank you! Tom

That's a Big Reason I like Day2 cars. Basically Stock, but Modded to the Owner's Liking !!!
I'm having my cake, and eating it too, with my GTX. The original owner modified several items from factory original, for the better, IMO. But he also owned the dealership. I've put the car back to the way it was when he sold it. So it is not "factory," but is in "as sold" condition, and the modifications are documented. Had some entertaining discussions about this at Carlisle.

All you have to do to be the expert is outlive everyone that can prove you wrong.
Unlike that short and loud fella with his own TV show, Mr. Gibson has not been seriously been called out by anyone
in this hobby over the years - because he is THE expert on the subject that the other experts consult with.

Unlike that short and loud fella with his own TV show, Mr. Gibson has not been seriously been called out by anyone
in this hobby over the years - because he is THE expert on the subject that the other experts consult with.
Oh, I agree. My comment wasn't aimed at Roger Gibson it was just a comment about most experts. I have a deep respect for Mr. Gibson. He really is incredibly knowledgeable about all things Mopar, it's not made up. Based on the restorations that I've seen that came out of his shop, he does top quality work. And the topper to the whole thing is even though he has a great name in this hobby, he's the pro's pro, has loads of knowledge, and does great work, he doesn't flaunt it and isn't arrogant, or at least he wasn't the last time I talked to him, but that was years ago.

Got off the subject did we.
As discussed about having T shirts for next year.
Just found out My neighbor does shirts for cheap.
We need to come up with a logo.
Hawk, Barry contact me.

Auto Transport Service
Back