• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Carlisle Tent Activities 2023 - Help Requested!

He did OEM Mopar restorations and for many years was considered to be the guru of Mopar restorations. He used to sell correct paint products for OEM restorations

Last edited:
I saw a lot of really nice Mopars this weekend...... seems to be a lot of genuine "gurus" out there....... did he blow his own horn like worman? did worman take his lunch money? :rolleyes:

what about the Dodger who hit the world series homer on one leg?....... Curt Gibson ?

and I try not to :icon_fU:
Kirk Gibson.
1689701828126.png

I was cracking on RC,because the guy selling his former 68 Hemi Charger R/T said that Roger Gibson restored the car when it was actually RC who did the car.

excuse my ignorance..... but who TF is Roger Gibson?
An **** retentive Mopar restorer.
I give the guy all the credit for documentation of grease pencil marks, but just not my thing.
Maybe it's because I have the attention span of a gnat, but that kind of stuff bores me. Does it make it run better?, Look better? Ride better? If not, I move on.
There is a place for the high dollar cars in the hobby. I'm not in that place, kudos for those that are.

An **** retentive Mopar restorer.
I give the guy all the credit for documentation of grease pencil marks, but just not my thing.
Maybe it's because I have the attention span of a gnat, but that kind of stuff bores me. Does it make it run better?, Look better? Ride better? If not, I move on.
There is a place for the high dollar cars in the hobby. I'm not in that place, kudos for those that are.
20 some odd years ago in either Hot Rod or Car Craft, a writer wrote in some article that his goal for car building was to assemble and detail the car as if you were building the car for yourself, not just to sell. I'm paraphrasing but I recall his suggestion was to build it to look original but to correct any obvious flaws, tighten the body gaps, leave nothing crooked.
To me, that is a great goal to aim for.
To intentionally run the paint or assemble something in a sloppy fashion seems stupid.

Years ago it was held in August and I remember one year it was 112 degrees there. You guys are lightweights! Lol
It has never been 112* in Pa. You must have been in the sun too long............Maybe feels like but not actual.
Go ahead prove me wrong. 111* in July 1936 was the highest in Pa. ever.

20 some odd years ago in either Hot Rod or Car Craft, a writer wrote in some article that his goal for car building was to assemble and detail the car as if you were building the car for yourself, not just to sell. I'm paraphrasing but I recall his suggestion was to build it to look original but to correct any obvious flaws, tighten the body gaps, leave nothing crooked.
To me, that is a great goal to aim for.
To intentionally run the paint or assemble something in a sloppy fashion seems stupid.
I remember reading a similar piece that set the goal of building the car as though everything had gone perfectly during the assembly process. I'd add to that, using best currently available materials. The 20 year old base/clear paint on my GTX looks way better than the original factory enamel with orange peel. The original owner's son confirmed my opinion when he saw the car for the first time last week.

Auto Transport Service
Back