• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Carlisle Tent Activities 2023 - Help Requested!

I was trying to comprehend the total amount of labor hours wrapped up in all those beautiful cars......it's mind boggling
That's what I was explaining to the wife this very morning, while letting her know of my plan to go next
year - the two things I always remember about Carlisle is the veritable sea of amazing cars....
and the damn heat. :)

Not just PA, but pretty much all of the northeast. I'll have to stop by the office this morning and see how high the river is next to it.
Pretty much a big chunk of the eastern US, really. We got tons of rain here, but the folks just up from us in KY and VA
got it even worse. It's actually quite dangerous in the mountains when it monsoons like that....

...the two things I always remember about Carlisle is ... the damn heat. :)
Yeah, it is always hot (with typically a good, hard thunderstorm thrown in for good measure). Barry and I stay outside in a tent, so we suffer through the heat continually for 4 days. That sounds oppressive, but as long as I drink plenty of fluids I find my body gets used to it. Having said that, shade is a must...

...while letting her know of my plan to go next year...

1689591466812.png

All in favor of a story time with Ed feature at the tent next year: click the agree button!!! :)

I think it would be pretty difficult. Carlisle productions has car events from March until the beginning of October basically every two or three weeks. If they moved it, it would need to displace (or swap) with some other show. Lots of big vendors also plan their time as well.

It's not happening.

...But, someone was joking about having an air conditioned tent. Maybe we should rig up some kind of cooling system (the type with a cooler and ice and a fan)?

It shouldn’t be difficult at all because they already changed the date. It was always held the weekend right after the 4th of July, but starting last year, it’s now being held two weekends after the 4th.

There is an overwhelmingly dominant comment in most responses here....The heat.
Silly thought here.....Hasn't there been any traction on the idea of moving the date on this event to Spring or Fall? What resistance has been put up against this idea?
Out here in CA, our Sacramento Mopar club has traditionally held our annual show the Saturday after Fathers Day in June. Every year, the risk is 100+ temperatures but sometimes we get show days in the 80s. The past 2 years and now for this one, we moved the show date to September and October.
It was quite warm, and Hot at times, but there was a nice breeze also. Temps were tolerable, compared to Some other years. I remember one year, 2012 or 14, we brought our E-bodies down, and temps were over 100* mid-Day. The potting on a friend's Hemi Cuda was melting, and running down the firewall. That was HOT...

It shouldn’t be difficult at all because they already changed the date. It was always held the weekend right after the 4th of July, but starting last year, it’s now being held two weekends after the 4th.
Years ago it was held in August and I remember one year it was 112 degrees there. You guys are lightweights! Lol

Yesterday afternoon it was 78 degrees at home in Western NY.
After a few days at Carlisle it was a welcome reprieve.
It's tough to beat our area in the summertime for nice weather.

Yeah, it is always hot (with typically a good, hard thunderstorm thrown in for good measure). Barry and I stay outside in a tent, so we suffer through the heat continually for 4 days. That sounds oppressive, but as long as I drink plenty of fluids I find my body gets used to it. Having said that, shade is a must...

View attachment 1495554

All in favor of a story time with Ed feature at the tent next year: click the agree button!!! :)
Geez, I ain't all that....but I'm very flattered. :)
God willing (and that ain't no gimme), it's a bucket list thing to do it one last time before I'm
unable to.

I made it to the tent Saturday afternoon finally. Was good to meet a few people. I have posted a lot over on FCBO, some people I liked or cared about have died or just stopped posting, so I lurk over here and throw in a smart assed/dim-witted comment every now and then, lol. Thanks.
Looking for Hawk Rod Mopower tour.

Auto Transport Service
Back