• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Carlisle

steve from staten island

Local time
7:16 PM
Reaction score
So i know its early but i was thinking of Carlisle already. God willing i'll be there and this time I'm not going the first day. Now i cant make reservations ahead of time due to personal situations but i was thinking and my question is how far away would i have to stay to book a room a week before the show? I mean 45 minutes to a hour away would be ok. Any thoughts or experience on this

Have you looked at Trivago, Steve? I know last year you could get rooms fairly cheap a week before the show in Carlisle just off I81. Just a thought.

It's going to be tough to get a room a week in advance unless there is a cancellation. Maybe you can contact the hotels in the area and ask them to notify you if there is a cancellation?

I never make a reservation and always find a room with in about 30 minutes drive.

I never make a reservation and always find a room with in about 30 minutes drive.

I never waited that long, but all the places I pass by are booked.

Try Quality Inn I stayed there last year,they called me after a cancellation 1255 Harrisburg pike (717)243-6000. 15 mins away, hope this isn't against forum rules!!!!

Over the years we've tended to stay in Hershey or Harrisburg. You should find plenty of rooms there, plus it will cut your ride a little short on the way out there, since it's a bit closer.

Question for those that have been there: do the sellers overprice their cars there (as they always do at the Turkey Run in Daytona)?
Not trying to hijack your thread Steve.

Il be there if it kills me.

Y'all be sure to stop by and see me at my regular swap spots P205-P206 !!

Attachments

• 003.jpg
    003.jpg
    78.6 KB · Views: 278
Don't forget your umbrella, plastic bags for your electronic devices, and boots for the mud. Take pics for us to enjoy.

Question for those that have been there: do the sellers overprice their cars there (as they always do at the Turkey Run in Daytona)?
Not trying to hijack your thread Steve.

There is some of that, but you can negotiate. Just know the market for your car and have a price in mind before you go. The good thing is, your car of choice will be there. The place is massive.

I usually just drive in for the day with a truck and buy stuff I need. The wife can't stand car stuff so I limit the trip to an afternoon, a day trip and no hotel.

Carlisle. Forgot to add insect repellant. I only pack beer and suntan lotion for west coast shows.

Carlisle. Forgot to add insect repellant. I only pack beer and suntan lotion for west coast shows.

Geez, from my perspective Carlisle is out west. You mean there is something out wester?

Geez, from my perspective Carlisle is out west. You mean there is something out wester?

You mean westerer. And btw, the US goes all the way out to the Misipi River.

- - - Updated - - -

I think I'm getting a vendor spot this year. Got lots of stuff to sell.

Auto Transport Service
Back