• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

WTB Carter throttle shaft. (Help finish my 4429 restore.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jonas Nordstrom

Local time
2:16 AM
Reaction score
Ok, I finished restoring my Carter 4429S carburetor. It was in a really bad shape but now restored back to working order.

But....I have no threads for one of the bolts for the throttle blades in the secondary shaft.
So, I am looking for a fitting Carter secondary shaft, if someone has a donor or scrap pile of Carter parts etc?

carter4429.jpg

Ok, I finished restoring my Carter 4429S carburetor. It was in a really bad shape but now restored back to working order.

But....I have no threads for one of the bolts for the throttle blades in the secondary shaft.
So, I am looking for a fitting Carter secondary shaft, if someone has a donor or scrap pile of Carter parts etc?

View attachment 1386811
one idea, I know you want a replacement, but if one is not found, I have had good luck at filling small diameter holes like that and re threading. just a thought.

You should put a tape measure in shaft picture. Shaft may come on several carbs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Auto Transport Service
Back