• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Cast Iron Dual Quad Manifold date coded 65???

Im thinking they are batch numbers. Mine has 216 so what does that mean. I know for a fact that its off a 1960 413
I don't know what to think. Even Y/M/D would make it '62. Well it's time for me to research batch numbering systems.

That's why I went that route, for the nostalgia look. I did have a lean condition with the front cylinders useing a progressive linkage. Went one to one and it's gone. Has to be a trick to useing a progressive linkage like the factory did. Maybe leaving the front throttle plates cracked just a bit. Tried different jetting ect with no avail. I'm getting 12 mpg around town with the one to one so I'm leaving it alone for now.
I'm not a fan of progressive linkage. I had a 6-2bbl Stromburg setup for a small block chevy once, I did get it working...eventually. Did I ever tell you I was half bald at 22? Never again! A pair of 750's linked 1 to 1 on the maxi works for me.

That's why I went that route, for the nostalgia look. I did have a lean condition with the front cylinders useing a progressive linkage. Went one to one and it's gone. Has to be a trick to useing a progressive linkage like the factory did. Maybe leaving the front throttle plates cracked just a bit. Tried different jetting ect with no avail. I'm getting 12 mpg around town with the one to one so I'm leaving it alone for now.

About the same here,and 16 on the road.

Picture 108.jpg

Auto Transport Service
Back