• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

CDN72SE's Restoration Thread

Exactly Wayne!. The number one question I get is, "you finished that car yet?", followed by how's the car coming and will it be done this summer?

I assume you'll be at the Spring Fling show on June 4th?
I'll be there (with out my car) looking for bits in the vendors area.

Very big day this past Saturday, finally got the engine installed. I'm a one man show when it comes to my car, definitely got a lot of looks in the neighborhood. :)

52956067445_b1ff626b8f_z.jpg

52956137658_7be13bb1d1_z.jpg

Also had to of course install the torsion bars, went well but as usual was a bit of a struggle with the boots. Just used a lot of lube and luckily I'm still got some strength.

Looking great! Good for you getting her in there. I chickened out and going to install the old way. When I get around to it???
Yes I'm a one man show also. I don't want to have to blame someone else if a scratch was to materialize. lol
Congratulations!

I've always done it the old way as well. Same here about the scratches, I put a winch in my garage floor so I don't need any help pushing, even though I can still physically do it by myself, lol. Hope you get around to it soon, when possible.

Well... was finishing up the interior and went to install my "new" white upper door panels and what do you know they don't fit.

After researching I have found out that 73/74 panels look the same but are not as tall as the 71/72.

Unfortunately the eBay seller listed them as 72's. Now the hunt is on for the correct panels.

53334154259_2dc6971eaf_z.jpg
]

Auto Transport Service
Back