• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Charger Seat Belts I need Help

G-man

Local time
5:53 AM
Reaction score
Hi

I have a 1968 DOdge Charger and it has no seat belts. I want to get Non retractable seat belts for the front and back.

What I dont understand is this.

How do they work?

You have a lap belt and 1 belt that bolts on ceiling. Do they both conect into 1 and plug into 1 female or are there 2 female ends and 2 male ends how it works?

Can somebody get a picture of this inside there car with an explanation so I know what is going on?

Also

Where can I buy these seat belts?

All over e bay theres a new company doing them!!
on the driver side & passenger side position there should be 2 male belts one on the ceiling, & 1 retractor on the floor.
they should clip into a set that has 2 female ends, that would have been bolted into the floor near the console if equipped.
hope this helps
Tony
ps: look on e bays at the cars for sale in that year range, & i'm sure you will find the picture you need there

All over e bay theres a new company doing them!!
on the driver side & passenger side position there should be 2 male belts one on the ceiling

Is this the same for Bees? I have the retainers to hold the slack to the roof but not the male pieces at the sunvisors.

Should be a "male" piece under the visor, then the buckle clamps on to that

Well now ive been in a friends 70 Charger and I see how the belts work.

There are 2 female ends that u put together, then stick a bolt through both of them and bolt to the floor (so u got 2 female ends comming out) and on the roof you got the male piece that u stick in 1 female for shoulder belt and on the floor next to you another male (retractable) that you stick in the other female.

Pretty simple.

BE/A sell them and Im ordering them + a set of mirrors :D

Yo Gman,
My 68 Charger has the same belts you describe. Mopar71340 is correct in some aspect. This is what I got.
Sitting in the drivers seat you have a female end that is attached to the sunvisor with a dummy male clip. On the left of the floor of the drivers seat is retractable male end. on the right side I have a seatbelt with a male end in the middle to connect the shoulder belt and a female end on the furthest end that connects to the male retractable on the left side. They are cool you can just use a lap belt or connect both shoulder and lap. Very innovative at the time.
Gman this is what I think you are looking for.... Get you some seat belts that are 5 point harnesses. Simson or Crow You can make a 3 out of them if you want. I did it in my sand rail. You can set up your shoulder belt and your lap belt. Get the latch locking belts. They will definitely stand out in that charger of yours. I like the idea soo much I may change mine. Thanks for the idea! Give me your email and I will send you some photo's . I am a newbe on this site and still trying to figure it out... Cya, Mike
68 Charger
69 Roadrunner

i believe the early build 68 b bodies had lap belts and the later 68 had the over the shoulder roof mount, as my 68 charger had no provisions in it to mount any belts on the roof, and when i bought new belts they had the set with lap belts and they also had the set for roof mount retractable.

Auto Transport Service
Back