• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Cheapest states for beer.....and....

And Pennsylvania is the highest. Why doesn't that surprise me? (as of a year ago, when the article was written). It wasn't until recently that you couldn't buy a six pack anywhere except a bar. You couldn't buy anything smaller than a case at a warehouse. State Government regulations. Now you can get six packs at the warehouses and grocery stores are selling it, at a premium!

Highest gas taxes, one of the highest property taxes, tax, tax, tax! And nothing to show for it, absolutely nothing!
Yeah KK, but we got some of the best regional brews. That mine runoff provides some flavor!

Doesn't bother me one way or the other. I never started drinking and I don't work for anyone who does, anymore. So all is good.

Hmmm, We're taking a roadtrip passing through IL. I will bring the big blue cooler!

Texas beer laws are weird, i grew up there but too much puritanism when it comes to alcohol. The whole "wet" and "dry" county thing is ridiculous. every dry county border is lined with hundreds of liquor stores, Texas tech in Lubbock has the whole mini Vegas strip on the outskirts of town where they can sell beer and all the kids go to get destroyed.

Wisconsin does it right, god bless those German immigrants.

North Carolina; 4th cheapest in the USA...WOOHOO!!! And we can buy beer ANYWHERE!!! Even CVS sells beer in Carolina.

Chalice_Stella_Artois__69605.jpg

Ohio's got some weird alcohol laws-

I remember in the 80's they outlawed 3.2 beer.
Never understood why. Something about college drinking, but that would seem counter productive- force people to buy 5-6% beer only?

Can buy beer anywhere, but can only buy "full proof" liquor from the state...at a "State store".
You can buy 42 proof diluted liquor at grocery stores, though.

FL law is that liquor can't be sold in the same storefront as general merchandise.

Lots of grocers and even wal-mart have separate storefronts right next door, that sell only liquor and beer/wine.

My mom used to tell a story about when the "no Sunday liquor sales" got repealed in FL.

Something in the wording of the law...

Stores that were normally closed on Sunday were forced to be open...but ONLY sold liquor, because that was all they were required to sell on that day!

Auto Transport Service
Back