• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Cheese grater hub caps?

BobH

Local time
11:15 PM
Reaction score
My '66 Satellite has the police wheels and these hubcaps. Would this have been an option? If not, what year used them? Haven't found much info on them.
100_0425.JPG

I think they appeared in ‘74 or ‘75. Part of the police package.

They were used thru ‘89.

dude....I've got a set of those too and they look killer. I ran those for years until I found a set correct for my year. Tip, get some model paint and repaint the outer low parts of the ridges...they'll look awesome

Found on taxi mopars too

I never saw them on a taxi. Police cars converted to taxi. Until recently a lot of cabs in NYC were Ford CV with “police interceptor” on the back trim piece. But they were former cop cars.

I really like the look of the wheels and caps and plan on staying with them. Thanks for the help.

Bob - as for what was original, I think the only wheel covers for '66 Satellites were full wheel covers.

I am sure that there were some dog dish hubcaps that were available on that car.

Frank

66 poverty caps were one year only and Plymouth only IIRC.

Kind of hard to find.

...and 10" vs the 9" in the OP.

Auto Transport Service
Back