• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Cherry Bomb vs Thrush Turbo

Which muffler would you pick

• Cherry Bomb Glass Pack

Votes: 13 24.1%
  • Thrush Turbo

Votes: 33 61.1%
  • Doesn't matter

Votes: 8 14.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
The winner is....Walker Exhaust Muffler Thrush Turbo from Summit, just ordered them.

Thanks

Will re-create a new thread in the future when I replace the entire exhaust system hopefully with a 383/400 instead of a 318 to work with.

I would go cherry bomb, I had Thrush turbo mufflers. Something inside broke, caused major back up on the left bank and hurt my motor bad.

I would go cherry bomb, I had Thrush turbo mufflers. Something inside broke, caused major back up on the left bank and hurt my motor bad.

Too late, that's what's going on with the mufflers right now, I know the thrush aren't all that but, I'm hoping it's a temporary thing, and if I end up keeping a small block in this car, I'll upgrade when funds become available, I hate doing things twice, but I want to drive my car, I have a few shows/cruises coming up I want to be able to go to, I plan on a long trip from Ohio to Wv for my family reunion in July, etc.

Cherry bombs actually create more back pressure than the Walker "Dynomax" Super turbo's. So do theThrush's.

Ordered them yesterday, arrived this morning, Summit racing Rocks!!! Now, depending on the stinking rain, I'll either put them on tonight, or tomorrow.

One of the best sounding cars I ever heard was a 56 chev with a 302 with purple hornies.

A sentimental opinion on my part: Thrush. The first thing I did on my car when I was a kid, before the Hush Thrush. By the way, does anybody know how the "turbo " muffler term originated ? ( I bought a pair of the actual originals from my local ..... ..... , way back in the day, before the imitators were made).

Comes from guys back in the day using the small, hi-flow mufflers off the Turbocharged Corvair flat 6 due to their lower restriction and good sound.
The so called "Turbo" mufflers are the aftermarkets version of those originals.

I had cherry bombs on the RR back in the day, neighbors hated me, there were pretty damn loud and on a small block. Now I have dynomax turbos, and it sounds nice!

Comes from guys back in the day using the small, hi-flow mufflers off the Turbocharged Corvair flat 6 due to their lower restriction and good sound.
The so called "Turbo" mufflers are the aftermarkets version of those originals.
You sir, are absolutely correct ! I bought a pair at my local "Chevrolet dealer" at the time to put on my car. However, they actually were not small... I had to do a lot of pipe maneuvering to make them fit as best as possible. The following imitators that Hush Thrush et al manufactured were/are flatter than the originals.

The Thrush turbo's are on the car and sound really good actually, My Grandson had to go for a ride, he loved it....hmmmm, how many times have you seen the actual "poll winner" get used versus whatever the OP was going to do anyway?! Thanks for you votes!!!
Rich

Auto Transport Service
Back