• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Chickanic on going green makes some good points.

fourgearsavoy

Local time
1:37 AM
Reaction score
I follow some is chick's small engine Youtube videos and she has a good one with this "going green" video about California's ban on gas power equipment .

She says "the greater good" too damn much. I get the point but holeeee ****, WE get it.

She wasn't saying that in earnest.
It was extreme sarcasm.

Oh, I get it.
You can make your point without being repetitive to the point of being extremely annoying. She makes excellent points.

I logged in to note that I hadnt watched the video and did not plan to, simply to remind everyone that "for the greater good" is simply a "collectivist" / communist buzzword/slogan for loss of individual liberty and further governmental strangulation of society, then I saw RemCharger's comment...so i watched. This girl is great!

It is ramming stuff down our throats – exactly as with EV’s, when we are in NO way having the capability, or capacity being prepared for it. The waiting line for car chargers is an easy for instance, not forgetting all the other ills with EV’s. I have battery operated tools I like, drills, circular, chainsaw, sawzall, power sweeper I just purchased, adding that feature to the weed whacker. I’m not cutting an acre of grass with an electric or battery mower and don’t see this in the near future. Still have a bunch of old electric tools I still use. And I’ll need more batteries, despite my rapid chargers, as in two-years of use, I see mine have a shorter life btw charging. Hybrid vehicles? Never owned one, couple people I know having them, have been happy with them. Don’t know their useful life battery-wise or what it costs to replace the batteries in these vehicles. Far as I’ve read, if a battery goes on an EV, could be more than the vehicle is worth at some point.

MO, HUGE mistake FORCING this stuff onto the public, many I gather are uninformed for one reason or another. Got a glimpse of this discussing EV’s with my daughters who were all enthralled with them. Only positive thing is they’ve said nothing about buying an EV post-discussion. Few months ago at a hotel we were staying at – had three charging stations all occupied. It was around 9PM when I arrived. If I had an EV needing to be charged up next morning to take off – what’s the drill here? Do those people at the chargers get up later in the night to move their cars to open them up, or do they just stay in bed? Do I get up later walking out there hoping to find a vacant station and it’s still occupied? If so, what to do; tell the desk clerk to wake them up? WTF? Yep, people lets all run out to buy an EV. Meanwhile, all the friggin black SUV’s and limo’s (include the beast) carting our prez and other officials around are not EV’s and they let those idle for hours to stay warm or cold for their comfort. Did I say WTF or should it be - GTFOH?

Chickanic?
Is that what they call us now???
:rofl:
Lol, rather certain you could have fun coming up with any trashy handle you can think of for guyacanic’s allowed in the GD. I’d help you; but I’m a geezeracanic.

Lol, rather certain you could have fun coming up with any trashy handle you can think of for guyacanic’s allowed in the GD. I’d help you; but I’m a geezeracanic.

I'm just too Old School and never have been a supporter of "women's lib." If ya can't tell she's a girl when you look, coming up with some term to differentiate her from her counterparts isn't going to help any.

I recall a classic episode of The Simpsons where Bart referred to the letter carrier as a FEmail-man.

It is ramming stuff down our throats – exactly as with EV’s, when we are in NO way having the capability, or capacity being prepared for it. The waiting line for car chargers is an easy for instance, not forgetting all the other ills with EV’s. I have battery operated tools I like, drills, circular, chainsaw, sawzall, power sweeper I just purchased, adding that feature to the weed whacker. I’m not cutting an acre of grass with an electric or battery mower and don’t see this in the near future. Still have a bunch of old electric tools I still use. And I’ll need more batteries, despite my rapid chargers, as in two-years of use, I see mine have a shorter life btw charging. Hybrid vehicles? Never owned one, couple people I know having them, have been happy with them. Don’t know their useful life battery-wise or what it costs to replace the batteries in these vehicles. Far as I’ve read, if a battery goes on an EV, could be more than the vehicle is worth at some point.

MO, HUGE mistake FORCING this stuff onto the public, many I gather are uninformed for one reason or another. Got a glimpse of this discussing EV’s with my daughters who were all enthralled with them. Only positive thing is they’ve said nothing about buying an EV post-discussion. Few months ago at a hotel we were staying at – had three charging stations all occupied. It was around 9PM when I arrived. If I had an EV needing to be charged up next morning to take off – what’s the drill here? Do those people at the chargers get up later in the night to move their cars to open them up, or do they just stay in bed? Do I get up later walking out there hoping to find a vacant station and it’s still occupied? If so, what to do; tell the desk clerk to wake them up? WTF? Yep, people lets all run out to buy an EV. Meanwhile, all the friggin black SUV’s and limo’s (include the beast) carting our prez and other officials around are not EV’s and they let those idle for hours to stay warm or cold for their comfort. Did I say WTF or should it be - GTFOH?
Maybe They can force auto makers to sell EV’s, but they can’t force us to buy them. If they sit on a lot and collect dust something will change. If I lived in CA I would have bought a lifetime of gas powered outdoor equipment. Or simply drive to neighboring state to give them my tax $. The money talks.

Ames Iowa city power plant.
Train cars roll in full of coal as the coal is belted into the power plant it is sprayed with off road diesel aka red diesel.
This fires the plant to help generate electricity for Ames and also Iowa state university.
You just know there are Ev,s plugged into that grid.
I does not take alot to amuse me but I find that funny as hell.

Part of the issue, MO, is an uninformed public as I mentioned my conversation with my daughters and wife. At first it was their saying of course I would be against EV’s as I’m a lover of old cars and such, not being concerned about gas consumption and a greener planet. Well, they’re not knowledgeable car people and what they’ve heard…all they’ve heard is less pollution, not consuming gas, oh saving the cost on gas, and easy plug-in like their phones.

So walked them through all the things I’ve read about mfg EV’s, mining raw materials for batteries, and more sad stories on them which our admin and media are NOT saying…unless you look deeper, to the sources actually talking about this. Spent a good half-hour on this. To sum it up, they found a different perspective they were NOT aware of about planet damage, hazards, capable-reliable sources to keep them charged up, adding charging isn’t free. My youngest has a 450-mile round trip to visit us. When you get here, we don’t have the required charger. Not much around us for miles having charging stations. Yeah, think this through. Where are you going to get it charged? Will those be occupied or even work, since I’ve heard about them not working? I said okay, don’t take my word for it – RESEARCH this please though before you go buy one..

How many MILLIONS of people are out there thinking EV’s are the best thing since sliced bread?

Part of the issue, MO, is an uninformed public as I mentioned my conversation with my daughters and wife. At first it was their saying of course I would be against EV’s as I’m a lover of old cars and such, not being concerned about gas consumption and a greener planet. Well, they’re not knowledgeable car people and what they’ve heard…all they’ve heard is less pollution, not consuming gas, oh saving the cost on gas, and easy plug-in like their phones.

So walked them through all the things I’ve read about mfg EV’s, mining raw materials for batteries, and more sad stories on them which our admin and media are NOT saying…unless you look deeper, to the sources actually talking about this. Spent a good half-hour on this. To sum it up, they found a different perspective they were NOT aware of about planet damage, hazards, capable-reliable sources to keep them charged up, adding charging isn’t free. My youngest has a 450-mile round trip to visit us. When you get here, we don’t have the required charger. Not much around us for miles having charging stations. Yeah, think this through. Where are you going to get it charged? Will those be occupied or even work, since I’ve heard about them not working? I said okay, don’t take my word for it – RESEARCH this please though before you go buy one..

How many MILLIONS of people are out there thinking EV’s are the best thing since sliced bread?
Enough to vote the people mandating them into office. Which is both the problem, and the plan.
Wait till gruesome gets the presidential nomination and they do another 2020. Wait and see what gets ram-rodded down our throats despite our clenched teeth and desperation to avoid it.
People always get disbelief thinking about all this. I liken it to Poland in WW2. Youtube has a channel with a bunch of really well done colorized video from old times, both a restoration project and a history saving project this guy does.
One video he has is of Poland. The men are off fighting. The video is of young people, kids really, playing along the farms in the the country on the roadside, people wheeling carts into town, trying to go about their life.
Imagine them, hoping war does not come to them. Hoping the enemy will fail. But word comes back it is not going well. But what should they do? flee their homes? So they continue, hoping it will be ok that war will not come.
Then it does come. So they try to hide from it.
They couldn't hide from it.
No one wanted it, no one wanted to believe it would get there, and when it did there was nothing they could do, but suffer under it. The video shows the destruction done to their homes and town. And other things that result from war.
It is a very interesting video, seeing people's faces trying to live a quiet life. But the greed and the sociopathic powerful in the world don't care, and don't value people. And so the bad things come even though we wish they wouldn't, and you can't hide from them in the end. Only action prevents it, and right now, no one is taking action. Everyone is just watching hoping it won't come. It is not fair, it is not logical, it is insanity materialized. But none of that matters. The insane notions of the people pushing this for greed and power don't care about sanity or logic or you or anyone else. Just them, and their power and money. So it is coming.

That's enough reality for tonight though, I have to work tomorrow.

My friend works at a tire shop,and told me that a guy with a Tesla came in for two tires because his girlfriend curbed them and they failed. 2 grand later he was back on the road!

My friend works at a tire shop,and told me that a guy with a Tesla came in for two tires because his girlfriend curbed them and they failed. 2 grand later he was back on the road!
Oh, the Tesla roving pit crew didn't swing in and change them for free? No unicorn farts dusted around the car while the tires were changed? Huh, I'm disappointed to learn this.

Not

Auto Transport Service
Back